Ridiculous AA Speed Awareness Course

lendahand

I think you should be able to take an advanced driving test and if you pass (first time) you should get a gold star to stick too the back of your car which permits you to do 10mph above the limit on standard roads and 100mph on the mway.

Also anyone who fails their driving test on the seconded attempt should never be allowed to drive.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should be able to take an advanced driving test and if you pass (first time) you should get a gold star to stick too the back of your car which permits you to do 10mph above the limit on standard roads and 100mph on the mway.

Also anyone who fails their driving test on the seconded attempt should never be allowed to drive.

Well, I agree with your first paragraph, but what happens if a cop gets caught?

Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off' | Mail Online

90.000 yes that's 90,000 let off. Funny that. Figures are 2007. Cannot find more recent ones it just shows you how important the cops really feel about speed etc.

Becuase my dad has been a paramedic for 30 + years he has been to spectacular crashes o nthe main roads and even the little country lanes. The usual story is "I was only doing 60". My dad normally says "yeh and the rest". He knows the local roads very well and knows that most of the corners if you know what you are doing you can go round them at 60 no problems. We just had another fatality on Dorsets road on a minor coast road at Langton Herring. Ive been on that section of road and although there are some nasty bends the place where the 17 year old girl was killed is nothing more that a kink and it was resurfaced 5 years ago so the surface has de-oiled.

it is hard sometimes to understand how people lose control, but they do, as you say with fatal consequences sometimes, txting, phonecalls, general driver error, im not condoning speeding but pointing out its not just speeding that causes accidents, skid control & the ability to change a flat tyre should be introduced to the driving test!!!!!

I've done the course twice, 3 years apart so its fine apparently:confused1:

On the second occasion I found the course content to be interesting and much better put together but the people attending seemed mostly to be pleeding innocense or that the speed limit was wrong?! I do try and drive sensibly, I try and pay more attention to whats happening on the road than on my dash board, unfortunately this hasnt worked in my advantage!