big fat gypsy weddings

Martyn Amos

Strangely enough I find the descrimination very reasonable and understandable.

I am not aware of having any dealings with travellers here in N Ireland, but have met Gypsies in both N I and England. Proper toe rags the lot of them, these may be the same types referred to as Pikies.

They steal, they deal in scrap ( how it was acquired???hmmm), the sell spurious goods, they lay tarmac, they extort monies from the frail & elderly, the list is endless.They leave their "sites" in a ****-heap.

A mate that joined the Polis suggested to the hairy arsed sergent that they pull a wee 7.5 tonner wagon with Donegal plates (it was hanging together) the experience man said; " see the weans in the cab... what are you going to do with them, and serving papers wont work, so just let him go" etc etc

Re the planning issue, I do not know of any non travellers succeeding in building houses without planning, nor indeed settlements of houses.

Ps

Descrimination is a good thing, like why one buys fine wine, a BWM, a Stihl saw, Timberwolf chipper etc etc, rather than rubbish copies.

I like being a man of "great descrimination"

cheers

M

Yes mate and all you settled Irish are terrorists who set car bombs that kill little kids and pregnant women! green and orange alike!

Edited by Lee Winger

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Lee. I know plenty of builders who rip down listed buildings, build new buildings and apply for permission in retrospect. They get away with it all the time. Travellers do it and it's front page of the mail. A lot of travellers pass through here on there way to Appleby, all the lads vie met seem great.

Good and bad in all mate, around here big developers have on numerous occasions bought farms and agricultural land and gained planning consent, see if the traveller or the man on the street can turn farm land into a building plot, divide and rule is what our governments want.............

Edited by Lee Winger

Why should people be forced to live in an alien environment and in a lifestyle they don't want, travellers don't want free land they have means and money, and can quite comfortably buy there own, what they do want is a fair crack at planning permission.

The ignorance and prejudice shown in this thread is unbelievable.............:thumbdown:

Lee, they were complaining they had nowhere to go. If they don't want free land, and have means and money, why not buy land with planning? And if they want land with planning, why not buy a house? They call themselves travellers, but all they seem to want to do is build permanent structures illegally then whinge about it afterwards.

We have laws in this country. If they don't like them, perhaps they should travel abroad?

I agree with you about the prejudice thread, but people become prejudiced for reasons. Like having stuff nicked all the time. They don't help themselves. It might be the case of them getting tarred with the same brush because of the behaviour of a minority, but that's not my experience of it.

End of my comments on it. The programme has got boring already. Last nights episode felt like watching a repeat.

What do you mean GIVEN land to live on? they BUY the land then try and obtain planning permission,its not illegal to live in a caravan in this country, unless like a thread there was on here a while back with some members hid up in woods and land etc with no planning consent.

Well nothing was mentioned about buying land, well nothing that I heard anyway.

Besides I'm sure a lot of us would like to buy a bit of land and build a nice house on it but if it was that easy the developers would have it all bought up.

I didnt realise you needed planning permission to live in a caravan on a bit of land you own.

Lee, they were complaining they had nowhere to go. If they don't want free land, and have means and money, why not buy land with planning? And if they want land with planning, why not buy a house? They call themselves travellers, but all they seem to want to do is build permanent structures illegally then whinge about it afterwards.

Can you show me where the land with planning permission for caravan occupancy is? other than holiday parks [you can only live on between May and October] or yards already owned by travellers [fortunate enough to have land passed for caravan occupancy] the way planning works for everyone, is you buy the land then take the gamble, maybe you'll get planning, maybe you won't, would you like to hazard a guess what the stats are for travellers gaining permission?

As for the comment about why not live in houses, how would you like to be forced to give up your culture and be forced into a caravan? living in caravans isn't illegal in this country or living a nomadic lifestyle, though you'd be forgiven for thinking it was! the only reason travellers are so often refused planning permission is because the government is scared everyone will cotton on and choose a similar cheaper alternative lifestyle, resulting in fewer house being built and less money for the fat cats!

I have had numerous troubles including serious thefts and damage with the business we ran in Derbyshire from some Irish Gypsies (I have all the Police paperwork to prove this!!) however like all walks of life there are some good and some bad.

In Derbyshire there are two original types we know that produce nice ropes and pegs that do no harm at all compared to the modern "Transit Pickup" ones who move onto public areas and steal/dump rubbish including tree waste and poo all over the local woods:001_rolleyes: The last time it cost tax rates a large amount to clean up:thumbdown:

These are the main reasons that normal society does not accept them. I lived in caravans whilst working on farms as a teen and have no idea who would wish to live full time in a white plastic horrible caravan:001_huh:

Dictionary Info:-

Gypsy/Traveller:- a person who lives in caravans and wonders for place to place.

Hermit:- a person who lives alone and keeps away from people.

Hippie:- a young person who joins with others to live in an unconventional way.

So someone who purchased a field and over a weekend then illegally puts in services and brick walls and a concrete building cannot claim to be traditional traveller. There a a million empty homes in the UK that people can purchase and make a decent home.

Regarding living in caravans on private land the ONLY time this legal is foe a season and for Agricultural/Forestry/Horticultural purposes. Longer than this need council planning permission. I have a book on all of this as we tried to build a woodland workers build the legal direction.