struggling with quote help needed

BTS

Hi all and happy new year

I have looked at job today 90 leyandii all in a line about 30-35ft tall, they need to be havled in height and one side cut back, the chip can be left on sight, and i can get landrover and chipper to the trees. What would you say would be a good price. strugggling to get my head round it (has been one of those weeks where everything i touch has turned to dust) any help much appreciated

Can you get at them with a mewp? would that be quicker than climbing? Can the top halves be felled?

Is the side to be cut back easily accessed? Can all waste be chipped or is some too big.

If the tops can be felled - any risk if they go the wrong way (winch needed?).

Can you use the

land-rover to pull them over? etc.etc.

How long for each one? How many per day? How much do you want to earn each day?

Other quotes? - how much do you want it?

Not meant to sound blunt - just put your figures into the equation and you get the answer -

Good luck

i personally hate bloody leyandiis but they are money makers if you get then right, but i have got them wrong, quoting more often than i have right

How can they be money makers if you are getting them wrong more often than right?!

If you are looking for a serious answer we need to see pictures of the trees in question, as someone said......have they been topped before if so this will add a serious amount of time to the job. If they are single stems then the workload will be significantly lessened.

Whats happening to the timber?

More info needed.....

All I can say is climb into them and see what you will be cutting to get to finished height.

If they are virgins then it should be straightforward. Work out how many you could do in a day, see how many times that goes into 90 and multiply by your day rate. Add 10% to give you a bit of a safety margin and away you go.

If they have been done many times before put a £ sign in front of your telephone number and submit that as your quote.

Fly in Mike of KeriKeri NZ, never seen anyone so fast at topping shelter belts, much taller than that. Air fare plus a bit for you and one days pay for him. Make sure Health and Safety aren't about, the rule book will be re-written.

Or.. Take Marks advice which is actually spot on.

Or ... We've all been burned by connies, put in a brave price, not a desperate to get work price.