vintage chainsaws

burrell_

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, love those old saws, Pioneer, Homelite, McCulloch, Lombard, Danarm etc.

I'd love to get my hands on a Danarm 125 Automatic, an absolute minter complete with original bar sold on ebay last week for £275.

You'll get one eventually :thumbup::thumbup:

Morning everyone, I have been offered a stihl 090. This model has no chain brake & no AV so is pretty old & has just been refurbished to get it working as it has been sat in a garage for years & has been worked regularly in the past so is not pristine.

I've been given a price but just asking for a ball park figure what others would pay for one.

Morning everyone, I have been offered a stihl 090. This model has no chain brake & no AV so is pretty old & has just been refurbished to get it working as it has been sat in a garage for years & has been worked regularly in the past so is not pristine.

I've been given a price but just asking for a ball park figure what others would pay for one.

Theres one on ebay with 3 days left and its up to £175, worth a watch.

Theres one on ebay with 3 days left and its up to £175, worth a watch.

Yes - except that that one may well be an 070....

If you are offered an 090 and confirm that this is definitely what it is, in full working order, freshly serviced, I would say anything under £450 is a very good price. The AV model would be more and if it has a sprocket or roller nose bar in decent condition that will also add a bit.

Worth noting, you can't tell age from lack of chainbrake (they never had them) or AV/non-AV as these options were run in parallel. There are some features which allow you to get a rough age, such as the colour/style of the top, type of badge on the starter cover and the arrangement of the badges on the top cover but these parts are also easily interchangeable.

Alec