jacjak

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wtf:

WTF to you too !!

so a qualified person would do it with not an ounze of ppe would they ? cos i wouldn`t ! would you ?

I know he has no quals as i know what he use to do for a living as he`s known in a couploe of the villages near me.

If you don`t under stand what i meant it was the fact that he does go in and do jobs that i have quoted for for free even if its only a few in the last couple years, and i don`t give a toss about the taking wood from roadside.

is that worded better for you skyhuck ?

Just the way it goes sometimes, a friends grandparents were quoted £80 to take down a large ash and a large Hawthrone in their back garden as they were apparently 'going to fall over next time the wind blew'. they didn't trust him so got me to have a look. tried to assure them the ash probably wouldn't fall down anytime soon but the hawthrone was a liability, but the seed sof doubt had been planted and they wanted them both out, i dind;t know th eother guys price at th eitme but quoted over 3x as much and got the job AND sold them a load of firewood too:lol: doesn;t always go their way:001_smile:

cheers all good to know im not the only one dealing with stuff like this, just wish none of had to put up with people like that.

Does kinda make me smile when i think how long its gonna take the customer to sort out the massive dents in their perfect lawn looked like someone had been dropping bombs perhaps they will think better of it next time they need tree work doing

FFS guys come on - if the guy is happy taking the tree down for free just for the timber and the customer is happy then whats the big issue ? im not sure about you but i know for a fact that im not going to get every job i quote and if im honest i think many of us would rather lose out to an old guy thats doing it for the timber rather than a rival tree firm doing it for a couple quid less than you and putting the money towards buying more kit to allow them to take a bit more work off of you !