Sick of the media!!!!!!!!!

skyhuck

Why do the media have to try and hype up every thing!!!!!!!!!!

The song and dance they have made about the VAT increase is nothing less than scare mongering.

Because 2.5% does not sound that bad, they have started saying its a 14% increase in tax, which it is, but they are just trying to paint things blacker than they are, which will not help anyone :thumbdown:

They even had some muppet in a shopping mall yesterday who said he was changing all his kitchen appliances before the increase :confused1:

had a chave on the news with a new baby ,deciding not to go abraod this year ,as if she could afford it any way ,then said may have to put on hold looking for a new place to !!!!!!! ,then mothers says we dont get much ,2.5% its not going to break the bank now is it ,but it is £25 on a £1000 laptop :laugh1:

Surely its their job so they can sell stories!

If they didnt you wouldnt get much free news.

Besides no doubt for a lot of people the increase will badly affect their standard of living, no matter how small some of us think it is.

Actually for those who think the increase isnt a problem just donate the equivalent ( on every single purchase that isnt related to their business)to a local charity, the childrens trust or this site.:001_smile:

Totally agree - all this negative doom/gloom stuff!

I have about 300-400 'regular' customers. One of them has been made redundant. The rest HAVE NOT! But this harbinging has caused 3 jobs to be postponed in the last 18 months due to people 'holdin back' and I would guess a few of the less frequent customers may have not even contacted me because of thi pumped up anxiety.

I wonder how often these things are expounded either for some political purpose or because something really bad is happening elsewhere and they are trying to divert our attention.

They say that only bad news sells - maybe someone should try publishing good news - can you imagine a paper (or FORUM..) where headlines read,

'Young arborist sweeps footpath every 5 miumtes during work so old folk can walk safely by, and the old folk are really grateful'

Or 'I left my car for 3 days and came back to find it still there'

Or 'Instant drop in fuel prices as crude oil prices fall'

Am I just getting old? I too never watch the news and don't read papers.

I look at the BBC website and just read what looks interesting - don't care about biggots, racists, chavs, 'travellers', villains and coouldn't give a stuff about self publicising celebrities.

Aaaaaah all this thinking is driving me insane (I'm turning into Roger Waters)

Maybe I'll end up walking down Worthing High street with an MS200 in each hand and get on the news myself (Note to MI6 and anti-terrorist squad... thats just a joke).

Totally agree - all this negative doom/gloom stuff!

I have about 300-400 'regular' customers. One of them has been made redundant. The rest HAVE NOT! But this harbinging has caused 3 jobs to be postponed in the last 18 months due to people 'holdin back' and I would guess a few of the less frequent customers may have not even contacted me because of thi pumped up anxiety.

I wonder how often these things are expounded either for some political purpose or because something really bad is happening elsewhere and they are trying to divert our attention.

They say that only bad news sells - maybe someone should try publishing good news - can you imagine a paper (or FORUM..) where headlines read,

'Young arborist sweeps footpath every 5 miumtes during work so old folk can walk safely by, and the old folk are really grateful'

Or 'I left my car for 3 days and came back to find it still there'

Or 'Instant drop in fuel prices as crude oil prices fall'

Am I just getting old? I too never watch the news and don't read papers.

I look at the BBC website and just read what looks interesting - don't care about biggots, racists, chavs, 'travellers', villains and coouldn't give a stuff about self publicising celebrities.

Aaaaaah all this thinking is driving me insane (I'm turning into Roger Waters)

Maybe I'll end up walking down Worthing High street with an MS200 in each hand and get on the news myself (Note to MI6 and anti-terrorist squad... thats just a joke).

if there was a like button it would have been pressed firmly

We used to call it the 10 o'clock bad news

Now i dont have a telly, rarely listen to the radio and dont buy a paper.

I am much happier, it used to kind of stress me without realising, all the doom and gloom. 99% of which didnt even have a direct affect on my life.

I think a lot of the present recesion is media driven, and they will prolong it.

Chuck the telly and see if your life changes :laugh1: