Fuel Prices

It's an 18 ton Dave, I ordered it with the foot pedal, side extensions and 4 way, I think it stands me at about £3200

The ram speed it about the fastest they do and it is auto double speed. In other words you pull the levers and it comes down fast till it touches the log, then if needed goes into a slower power speed till the initial break then back to full speed.

So in fuel terms......as efficient as you can get :thumbup:

Nice one, mines just the same but the 13 ton, mines been great, never given me a minuets bother and very quick, efficient and safe.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the disabled?? or their carers??

This is a bit of a bug bear of mine. I mean the whole of the disability car scheme is a bit of a sham in my mind. I remember years ago if you were registered disabled you could claim and get a little blue three wheeler car, fair enough, no problem. Now tho you can get range rovers and anything else through disability, surley this is not right. If you are disabled surley you are not fully fit to drive such a vehicle, and should therefore not be allowed to. If it is for your carer to drive you about, then you dont need anything bigger than a mini as that is adeqaute enough to get you to the doctors or such like as that is what the system is meant to be for.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I have neighbours where one of them is reg disabled due to yuppie flue. They have a nice new big volvo as a disability car, but he never uses it. His partner travels the country in it, using it for work, stays away for long periods with it and the disabled fella gets a lift from family when needed even using public transport, gets the shopping delivered, chemists do the free delivery and still boasts going abroad on holiday every month of last year.

I wonder does he really qualify for a disability car?

I just love the feeling of starting the V8 going for a needless blast at 10mpg in it and return knowing I earned every penny of my jolly out.

It does disturb the tranquility of the neighbourhood a little too:thumbup1:

Edited by 18 stoner

It's an 18 ton Dave, I ordered it with the foot pedal, side extensions and 4 way, I think it stands me at about £3200

The ram speed it about the fastest they do and it is auto double speed. In other words you pull the levers and it comes down fast till it touches the log, then if needed goes into a slower power speed till the initial break then back to full speed.

So in fuel terms......as efficient as you can get :thumbup:

Are you sure about the fuel efficiency, Dean? I think an hydraulic splitter on a tractor at tickover is using a tiny fraction of the fuel being consumed.

I'd love to see a test comparing the energy being used by a PTO hydraulic splitter and an electric motor driving an hydraulic pump intermittently. I'd bet a pound to a penny that the electro-hydraulic splitter would cost only pennies a day compared with the PTO splitter.

Anyone tried a test like this?

Best wishes,

John Russell

I use the splitter just above tickover John and the fuel needle hardly moves all day. I think it's more a case of how you prepare the logs to split.

We have them all ready to whack straight on, you need to watch my splitting vid with my old splitter to see how fast it is.

To me it's all about stroke speed and tonnage :001_smile:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/large-equipment/16495-got-bored-today-so-made-logsplitting-video.html

• 1 year later...