Fuel Prices

I'm the opposite Mark, I think it is a level playing field, you pay for what you use. :001_smile:

I also think road tax should be abolished and put onto fuel, that way those that do the road miles pay for them.

Why should I pay £400 tax on a 4x4 when I do sub 3K miles a year when a rep in a small car does a gazillion miles a year in a zero tax car burning up 10 times more fuel than me.

Those who live in rural areas choose to do so. If they dont they get a bonus by not having to sit in traffic queues or put up with idiots. They also have the choice of buying a fuel efficient car.

I want a big 4x4 because I need one, I will pay for the milage I do in fuel no problem, but I dont agree with paying tax on one even if it does 1 mile per year, that is not fair.

Those that use fuel should pay for it, that way they will use it more efficeintly.

When I price jobs I get a load together and plan a route round them all which is the most efficient in time and fuel, if a job is out of "my area" I try and pass it on to another tree surgeon more local

Hoisted by your own petard Deano!

Not much good owning a Prius in North Northumberland at the minute!

Maybe we should all move to towns with super-efficient public transport systems. You wouldn't be stuck in queues all the time if those fat-arses could be bothered to walk their kids to school!

There is no solution but to save fuel where you can, and increase prices if you need to. I want to do well enough so I don't have to worry about fuel costs, but that isn't happening this week....

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These days are car is a necessity to most people rather than a luxury as it once was.

To just increase the cost because it's easy to do and collects millions of pounds of tax is just extorsion in my book.

In reality most of us will just continue to use our cars as normal, provide the government with more funds and charge our customers more money to do the same work due to vat, fuel increases etc etc.

To those that welcome the increase and are happy with it:scared1:, well, your as mad as a box of frogs.:001_tongue:

The one I did the trip with was a 1998 auto, I was astounded how it performed and it had done close on a 1/2 a million miles when I chucked it in for a new one.

The most expensive part it had on was an alternator in that time, awesome vehicles

I've just got rid of my latest which had only done 45K, once the recession is over and I get my mortgage down a bit I may plump for a brand spanker :001_rolleyes:

If you fancy another in the mean time I think before 54 plate the road tax is just over £200 . Make sure the aircon pipes have been done as it cost £1400 to change and they are all going.

its all transported by road.

When much can be transported by rail :001_smile:

All in all people will find more efficient ways, such as return loads instead of travelling back empty.

People use fuel needlessly, their savings on their monthly fuel bills by cutting out needless journeys, will more than pay for the extra cost of their grocery shopping. :001_smile:

If you fancy another in the mean time I think before 54 plate the road tax is just over £200 . Make sure the aircon pipes have been done as it cost £1400 to change and they are all going.

Dont I know it :001_smile:

Mine had gone on the one I have just sold, the part to do it was under a £100 and the labour made up the rest. Needless to say it went without aircon.

When much can be transported by rail :001_smile:

All in all people will find more efficient ways, such as return loads instead of travelling back empty.

People use fuel needlessly, their savings on their monthly fuel bills by cutting out needless journeys, will more than pay for the extra cost of their grocery shopping. :001_smile:

Dean youve brought me around to your way of thinking ... stop those people using those noisy gas guzzling chainsaws chopping down all those pretty trees that supply oxygen to the enviroment then they wont need to drive their big gas guzzling cars to the tree in the first place :sneaky2: