Anyone into motorbikes?

Big-Al

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back to biking a few years ago after a 20 year gap. I bought a 1983 Honda CB650 nighthawk which was the same as the last one I had 20 years ago. Sold it 18 months ago and bought a Yamaha Vmax 1200 . I'm sure my arms are slightly longer as a result of riding it (bl**dy fast) but great fun.

Went back to biking a few years ago after a 20 year gap. I bought a 1983 Honda CB650 nighthawk which was the same as the last one I had 20 years ago. Sold it 18 months ago and bought a Yamaha Vmax 1200 . I'm sure my arms are slightly longer as a result of riding it (bl**dy fast) but great fun.

I liked the look of those, but they don't like corners do they? Heard the newer models are'nt as scary in corners and have better handling?

I'm on a ZZR1400 but not giving it enough use lately, keep getting the urge to get a scrambler:thumbup1:

Passed my test in 2003 after having a mid life crisis and buying another Vespa 125:thumbup: but ended up needing more power to use a dual carraigeway:blushing:

The day I passed I bought an old Deauville with 89,000 miles on it!

I followed that with a Pan ST1100 and I've had this RF900 for the last 3 years.

EbayRFpics006-1.jpg

Great bike, but TBH I'd rather have an ADV bike of some sort, the new 800 Tiger XC would do nicely:thumbup:

I love em, had a fair few aswell.

Suzuki RM80

Aprilia Area 51

Aprilia RS 50/80

Yamaha YBR125

Hoping to do my big test this year aswell.

Peds are where my true love is though, always loved that 2Stroke smell and go.

Thinking of selling the YBR and getting a Gilera Runner 125 2T, and boring it out to 172

Only got my bike license a few years ago, but most definitely hooked now! My short biking career has gone from a SV650, which I sold a year or so ago and replaced with this rude boy:

12666_245174510096_612580096_4744517_3992285_n.jpg

CBR954 Fireblade, the last of the 900's before Honda nudged them up to litre bikes (and made them tiny!).

Even after 18 months+ of riding it still makes me grin from ear to ear, a fabulous bit of machinery and I'd highly recommend one!

I love bikes I got my first for my fifth birthday. Just sold a GS 1150 which was awesome it would carrying all my climbing kit and a ground saw. I have now got a CCM 404 for greenlaning and messing about great fun but a bit heavy and very loud ( though as antisocial as it is I love loud bikes).

love my bikes past my test soon as i was able to take it which was 2 years ago heres my first bike good starter bike sv650s :thumbup1: done lots of changes from standard to get the look i wanted spent wayyyy to much money on it :001_rolleyes:

my latest vid from summer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMha4yPaNEU]YouTube - riding my sv650s[/ame]

5976590227dbf_mybike.jpg.ed3e42d40c3ededb24e48c19f8b0cac3.jpg