Anyone into motorbikes?

Big-Al

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might cost a bit to import it into NZ. Dad had a T595 and a Trophy 1200 but not so keen on the recent Trophis; they look a bit bug eyed. Always fancied a speed triple or 955 but haven't really kep up with what the new models are like. NZ is pretty big Harley country though I'm not that keen on them myself. A bit big and unweildy for my liking.

If you think the H Ds are big then a Rocket 3 will be well out of it for you then!

Chrome on the Triumphs is much more superior too IMO. Still love my Sprint 900, but if I were to get a little newer the Sprint GT looks a nice thing. Still wouldnt part with the old one though:001_rolleyes:

I've got a 1979 Honda C50, and have had a 1970 bantam 175 and a Raleigh RM1 autocycle (predecessor to the moped, bike with an engine on it). Never ridden any of them on the road. The plan was to get the bantam done properly and on the road but she had this tendency to backfire if the back wheel left the floor and run on compression ignition backwards! It was probably easy to fix but I lost my nerve on bikes after that.

Motorbikes ? Yes, since I was 12. I have had 9 bikes since my 18th birthday.

I love British/Irish roadracing, been to the TT IOM in 2008 and plan to go back next year. I am also a regular at Scarborough, if anyone would go to the Gold Cup in Sept, let me know !

Pascal

Just to reflect on Dean's reply to me earlier, had to laugh aload regards your quote on having to pedal up hills on the PUCH lol, remember having to do that like it was yesterday :001_smile:

Love the old pic of the GT250 posted earlier and memories come flooding back regards people mentioning the GT550 and a kettle.

I myself had what I believe was an original GT250?, called a Hustler, had rubber mounts on the front forks and I believe banned at one stage.

Also had a GT380 Triple, Black with gold stripes to match my Ford Capri at the time which was also Black with go faster stripes lol, got to laugh :001_smile:

Later I got hold of a GT750 Water Bottle, lovely bike, a bit mad and hard to tame, but loved it.

Got some pics somewhere which I simply must dig out now

The old man always reckoned that the GT550 was tank slap happy. Remember riding from Pompey back to the midlands on the back of it one day. My arse was numb from the vibration. I think the old man has two of em, one complete and one he is using for spares. He's had it for donkeys years but it sits in the garage slowly rusting away while he's out on his current flavour of the month. Me? I just want something more comfy than the SV but the roads aren't really suited for heavy tourers out here plus I love the sound of the trumpets.

Your Dad's right, very slap happy, down to the weight of that series I think. Seem to remember my GT750 only weighed something like 351 pounds, must be right, strange number to remember otherwise :] thing used to fly for its day though, remember dropping a gear or two at 120 mph and thinking my baby was gonna do a Blue Bird on me.