Always astonished by the public!

Shane

i think thats a bit harsh. She has returned to a worksite, could even be the first ever tree work she has seen, been polite enough to make conversation and move her car and now you are slagging her off. :thumbdown:

Your day revolved around that branch, she has probably forgotten about it already.:001_rolleyes:

You missed a great oppertunity there and could of asked her to follow you to the nearest garage and washed her car for her, 10 mins with a scooshy gun and £5 and you would of been her night in shining armour, you never know when or where you will come across folk again, the world is a small place.

EVERYONE is a possible customer and they are all a fellow human being.

So people who turn up for a flight thats booked and payed for are stupid because of 5" of snow, but to park next to a fallen tree is OK and they should be compensated???:confused1:

Plus I thought you did not want customers who were looking to take advantage :001_rolleyes:.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the begining of the month we were felling a few trees and had our TW150 running as we were cutting stuff and feeding it. As me and my colleague were dragging branches we were aware of a scuffle near the chipper. It was one of my colleagues and a member of the public having a physical fight about the noise coming from the chipper. I quickly jumped over the pile of woodchip and turned the chipper off and yelled from our supervisor who was helping us drag n chip. The young lad (20-30) was arguing with my colleague because we had apparently disturbed him and his missus making love. The fight began because the young yad made a lunge for the chipper keys so my colleague held him back and ended up getting lumped very hard in his temple. He was slightly concussed but still held him back. The lad was cautioned for ABH. Two days later back at the same site we had the chipper running and and old boy (70-80) came out and asked if we could make the chipper quieter as he couldnt hear the tv over the noise. We turned the chipper off and then explained that we couldnt chip without making lots of noise. We cant burn on the site because of the proximity to houses so we have to chip. He was fine with that and then offered us cups of tea and biscuits as we delivered 10 wheel barrow full of woodchip for his garden.

So people who turn up for a flight thats booked and payed for are stupid because of 5" of snow, but to park next to a fallen tree is OK and they should be compensated???:confused1:

Plus I thought you did not want customers who were looking to take advantage :001_rolleyes:.

Did i call them stupid?

It is about control of my own situation. I wouldnt put myself in the snow/plane situation with out a back up plan,(unless i was flying from tenerife in july and the world went a bit bonkers) and that would be everyone in my party knowing if things went belly up, we would bail out and seek refuge elsewhere and i would be in a financial situation to do so, i know people close to the major airports and i would contact them for some info on the local situation and warn them that i may be after a favour.

The car situation would only go sour if not handled properly. If it did go sour then i would make sure i didnt do or say anything that could affect the out come.

And finally i do not think that lady was taking advantage from the information Shane gave:001_smile:

All the lady asked was if her car was going to get cleaned, and if i had made a mess of her car with sawdust and i didnt think a quick blow was sufficient then i would wash it for her.

Edited by Stephen Blair

Apalled to hear about the ABH - what more can we do?

Anyway...

She wasn't young and gorgeous, certainly didn't warrant exposure of the hose pipe (and it was a bit nippy this morning so she wouldn't have been impressed).

As for her as a potential customer, we are booked up till mid March, the last thing I need is someone like that on my list. I'm only human - I do sometimes form first impressions.

remember that great quote from the series M.A.S.H.

Charles Emmerson Winchester (the obnoxious one) ' Why do people take an instant dislike to me'?

One of the other surgeons replied 'It saves time'

HAppy and prosperous new year to you all

Shane

TBH

All depends on what words she used and the tone of voice.

It is rarely about what words are used more the tone and delivery

I have paid to have 2 cars washed and i have told a few to get lost.

But its the way they talk to you and you talk to them.

Which is why you young whippersnappers get all the agro and the older you get you find you just get on with life:thumbup:

TBH

All depends on what words she used and the tone of voice.

It is rarely about what words are used more the tone and delivery

I have paid to have 2 cars washed and i have told a few to get lost.

But its the way they talk to you and you talk to them.

Which is why you young whippersnappers get all the agro and the older you get you find you just get on with life:thumbup:

In our line of work we can never win. If we fell a tree, it has been been there for 150 years even though there are only 30 growth rings. If we remove a patch of brambles we are destroying a wildlife mosiac, even tho there are loads of patches of brambles everywhere else. And most people are very agrro about what we do. a good example was we felled an 80+ year old Ash with lots of Dryad's Saddle growing out of it backside. It had a massive sucker limb growing from the base which was only 20 years old but the same width as the 80+ stump. We felled it because of a large split running almost into the crown. Lots of people were upset but when they saw the brackets coming out of the stump and the amount of rot i nthe base they were happy we felled it. Also we has lots of Common Twayblade and Dog violet come up soon after. Now we are fighting againt bramble encroachment to keep the area clear for Silver Washed Fritillaries.