Disgusted!!!!!

Adamt

come on

we've all done that perfect crown reduction only for the customer to come out and request a bit more here, a bit more there- oh ' I wanted more light' etc etc

It's just disheartening- but we have to try and educate though they still think you're cheating on them.

If you didn't want a nice tree why didn't you just ask me to cut it down.

So

Not always the tree surgeons fault though I admit there are a few motorway maintenance fellas out there

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a service indusrty, we provide a service..

We can only advise the customer against what they want doing, and sometimes they will listen to you and take on your advise and maybe change there mind about what they want doing.

But if they have there head set on wanting there tree "butchered" then do it, if you wont somebody else will.

Thats my point if your a professional you should say NO! and so should the next person and the next person.... IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN should it...... but i do understand what your saying..

yeh right !!!!! so your going to turn down the job ? & lose money ,your fresh out of collage & already know every thing ,not ,when youve got bills to pay youl do what the rest of us do & thats what the wants doing :biggrin:

Hello all,

Having just finished an RFS course, I've started to notice work that is been carried out by PROFESSIONAL firms in my areas. No wonder people think that any body can be a tree surgeon, when you see the shocking state of the trees that have been worked on. WHY!!! do so called PROFESSIONAL tree surgeons think it's ok to leave a beautiful tree looking like an arthtic crippled hand, with nothing left on it. ok "thats what the customer wants"......Maybe...... NO!!!!why arn't these tree surgeon / arborists educating there custoners. Yes i know I'm new to the industry and I'm not with a firm yet.... But am i missing something, did i miss that lesson that day at college.... or is it a secret tree surgeons code of practice, to do this to trees.:confused1:

DON'T GET ME STARTED WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY!!!!!:lol:

(1) Hello and welcome

(2) chill out and wind down B4 you blow a gasket.

(3)I think what you should do is knock on the door of the property in question and ask who did the work? and are they happy with the service they received ?.

(4) ring the company up and tell them that you ve just done a RFS course and your not yet employed, but you would like them to meet you on site as the tree in question does'nt meet your standards! and your sure that you could make a far better job as your a professional.

(5) let me know how you get on.

I admire your passion and wish you the very best of luck ( you never know they might give you a job ):thumbup:

Just wait for the "whilst your here" you just end up working for nothing, had it for two hours the other day on a two day job ,the client even had the cheek to ring and say we had forgotten a couple of branches to reduce back.

My old man called them JUSTERS JUSTER do this JUSTER do that.

If you do 10% extra free on each job your loosing a days money every 10 days :thumbdown: