Disgusted!!!!!

Adamt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I this job the Customer is almost always wrong.Most of us who are self employed realised early on that the only way to run a business is to accept certain realities.

1)If you don't do the job,someone else will

2)Happy Clients build a business,giving Clients what they want makes them happy

3)Qualifications don't impress Clients or Co workers,its how you do it and for how much

4)You are dealing with a Clients Property and they can do with it as they wish.

5)There is a place for Client Education,but about 10% will change their mind.

If you want to start your own Company and only do with others Trees as you would want done with yours,your Horizon is very limited.

Thats my point if your a professional you should say NO! and so should the next person and the next person.... IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN should it...... but i do understand what your saying..

I agree with you and will not carry out work that I don't agree with from the trees point of view. I find that it wins me recomendations and work.

There are 2 schools of thought on this and those that believe they should do it or someone else will are entitled to their view.

As a new person to the industry you should know that there are people out here that agree with you, and I have about 17 yrs under my belt.

I know three companies in my area that also agree with me and with you, but they don't post on arbtalk. Two of those companies are even stricter than me on sticking to what they consider to be good practice. All 3 have 20+ yrs of experience and are ReaseHeath trained.

I agree with you and will not carry out work that I don't agree with from the trees point of view. I find that it wins me recomendations and work.

There are 2 schools of thought on this and those that believe they should do it or someone else will are entitled to their view.

As a new person to the industry you should know that there are people out here that agree with you, and I have about 17 yrs under my belt.

I know three companies in my area that also agree with me and with you, but they don't post on arbtalk. Two of those companies are even stricter than me on sticking to what they consider to be good practice. All 3 have 20+ yrs of experience and are ReaseHeath trained.

The trouble is what is considered good practice sometimes changes:001_rolleyes:

I wonder if they were so strict when their businesses were in their infancy?

You look at a tree and tell the custumer that it just needs a wee bit of crown thinning, a bit of dead wood taken out and a couple of limbs over hanging their neighbours garden removed. You explain thats all it needs and the husband then tells you he wants the top taken right off of it, you tell him its bad practice and will look terible but his wife likes sitting in the conservatory and it blocks the sun and thats what he wants. If you dont do it the unqualified leaflet through the door guys will do it with bad cuts and tears and thats the reallity of it so sometimes you just have to do as the customer wants!!!

Was 5 acres of perfectly manicured garden, tree in Hilliers can not id deffo more work ,what do you do was priced for two days but could have left early.

never tell the customer how long it will take,

if they ask give them an approximate time and say it depends on witch climbers

Staff

i bring with me on the day.

give a written quotation for the work discussed and additional cost £ per hour for extra work. printed clearly

Exactly how it worked less putting down for aditional costs, there must have been about twenty different jobs to do ,pushed on the first day to make an easy second, just get mugged every now and again.I suppose you have to think of the times it works out the other way around. I think this is one of the few industries where some clients think this is acceptable.