Why Oh Why Oh Why ????!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Huck, we have had a foot of snow for over a month now in freezing conditions, it didnt all just happen last night. People who drag the young and old out into this kind of weather should get a grip, some folk cant be told and wont listen. My mate headed off with his 10 month old this morning driving to essex, 500 miles. I think that is unfair on the little one, its only a get to gether not an emergency.

They had 5" of snow in London, on Saturday. People were put on planes ready to leave, they waited on those planes for up to 7 hours and were then asked to get off. They then go into terminal and then are pretty much abandoned!!!

These are not stupid people, they had a flight booked and went to catch it, they have been very badly let down IMO!!!:thumbdown:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:wtf:

Are you for real???????

There are children and the elderly, having to sleep on the floor in the cold, with little or no help or even information from those who are in charge and you call them selfish!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

They have my deepest sympathy.[/quote

I think people are just saying that you cant blame any one about the weather situation (not even an MP)

No one wants to see vunrable people.... or infact any one in distress!

On a lighter note MERRY CHRISTMAS all:thumbup:

These are not stupid people, they had a flight booked and went to catch it, they have been very badly let down IMO!!!:thumbdown:

If you have booked with a good company you will be shipped away to a hotel, if you are going on a cheapo holiday then you are stuck, thats the gamble you take. If you are spending all your money on flights and have no emergency money then who is to blame. I dont want to see any one suffer, BUT you have to take responsebility for your own actions.

I am sitting here nice and warm with no worries, it isnt by chance, it is my desicion.:001_smile:

If i decide to pack the kids and wife into the van and head to France skiing, but i no for sure it will be a nightmare and dangerous:thumbdown:

If you have booked with a good company you will be shipped away to a hotel, if you are going on a cheapo holiday then you are stuck, thats the gamble you take. If you are spending all your money on flights and have no emergency money then who is to blame. I dont want to see any one suffer, BUT you have to take responsebility for your own actions.

I am sitting here nice and warm with no worries, it isnt by chance, it is my desicion.:001_smile:

If i decide to pack the kids and wife into the van and head to France skiing, but i no for sure it will be a nightmare and dangerous:thumbdown:

well obviously if you went in the van it would be a nightmare and dangerous, but if you went in a well shod landrover it would be as simple as a school run in summer:001_smile:

Many of these people are just trying to get home.

They are not all with Ryan Air.

I recon the AA and police should say "Only travel if you have a suitably prepared vehicle. If not then please stay off the roads, to prevent accidents."

they do.

no one listens though work isnt neccassary is it? but plenty of people do it. going to your local supermarket isnt neccasary is it?

If people drove at sensible speeds then there would be no need to tell people to stay off roads

I recon the AA and police should say "Only travel if you have a suitably prepared vehicle. If not then please stay off the roads, to prevent accidents."

They do say only travel if absoulty nescesery.

Often it is not the vehicle, it is the driver. We were snowed in today, so i took the 40min walk into town to see some friends and buy some food.

There were 4x4 vehicles unable to pass areas where 2wd vehicles had just been. Abit throttle happy, and no clutch control. I couldnt help but chuckle at the 4x4 drivers misforutne.