Leaky landy??

Sburdy

Ed, Ive just seen your disco avatar:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Is that yours?:001_huh:

no i was just amused by the pic as its a similar colour to mine, i think its a pic taken from a french film, looks scary doesn't it? have a closer look IMCDb.org: 1990 Land-Rover Discovery 200Tdi Series I in "Voyna, 2002"

i just looked again and its blue and mine is green oops

Edited by armchairarborist
im obviously colourblind

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a 300 tdi and its near the front of the engine towards the offside its either the water pump or 'P' gasket behind it. A clue to the water pump going is the drive belt goes out of line and makes more noise.

Forget the above the 200 is a totally different set up. You have a v belt rather than the serpentine belt on a 300 also your water pump is lower down in a different place. Check to see if the coolant is comming from water pump as someone pointed out when it warms up it could seal itself.

This is going to be a really noddy suggestion, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but has it got air con?

If so, you sure it's not just the condensate dripping off the air con unit?

(I don't know if they got around to fitting AC on 200TDi's, the friendly Japanese at Isuzu did on my '93 Trooper - although AC at the moment is about as useful as chocolate boots!)

thanks for all the info guys!! it is coolant as it's bright red against the snow!! the leak is on the driver's side about half way back?? i ain't had time to fully check.. it runs fine no overheating get's up to temp and all but still it leaks?? and it hasn't have a/c