Chipper stolen, theiving scum

CSL

Entec DH 35 EVO 4 was stolen last night, Abs gutted, i bought it new in March 2000 .

Brilliant machine, Very low houres for its age, just hope it turns up, but unlikely . Apparently a Timberwolf was stolen about a fortnight ago not far from me, whilst the operatives were in the rear garden. Theives unhitched it from a transit and took it .

Will be looking to replace ( if the ins pays out ) so will be looking for another Entec/ Timberwolf . Any for sale at the moment , or in the near future ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happened to a company in London a few months ago ,groundie walked into the back garden and the climber saw the chipper going up the road hooked onto the back of a car,we should all lock them to the vechile ,yet another bit of time in our day that has become the hidden cost of security.How much time do we have to spend unlocking containers and lock boxes in containers each day of the day just to try and do a job we all love.

i had a twin axle trailer, loaded to the hilt with ash logs stolen last tuesday from a compound near cardiff.

it was chained to a steel shipping container, boxed in by containers, skips and a lorry and the scum suckers brought a hiab in and lifted it (complete with logs) over the containers. spoke to the police and was told........"dont think you'll see that again, do you want a reference number for the insurance?"

someone tell me why we pay tax etc?????

How much time do we have to spend unlocking containers and lock boxes in containers each day of the day just to try and do a job we all love.

... with all the gates with locks, chains with locks (around equipment) and lockups with lockable stores inside that I have to go in and out of daily, for me it's around 20/30 minutes per day (plus extra time for thawing locks out with the current weather). It's laughable but if that's what it takes to keep my stuff as secure as poss (and fully eligible for insurance purposes) , I guess it's worth it.

To the OP, sorry to hear about your chipper getting nicked. We had ours taken about 6-7 weeks ago and are waiting in the insurance company to say how much we'll get. If you're lucky you might get it back!

After much reading on trackers and such, I've decided that locking/securing the chipper in multiple ways seems the best option, as the police and insurance company guy both said trackers are not that great once the item is under any kind of cover.

I have been through before this so know how much it makes people want to find the person and feed them into the machine. I agree it takes too much time to lock/unlock work sites each time. Police should be checking places instead of looking after drunks in town centres.

Insurance never paid out for loss of income and all the hassle involved. People in prison should be forced to work and pay for the costs to keep them there.

I`m a bit of an insomniac so can be hired out complete with over & under 12 gauge for stakeouts :D,

3 meals a day playing pool and going to the gym with my own tv and curtains awaits for a few year but I enjoy being outside in all weathers :/

Seriously dont know how you chaps sleep at night worrying over security of plant etc.?

bring back the birch and the stocks!

Hope you get your gear back quick CSL!

Thanks for the replys guys and soz to hear re others have been visited by these scum. I Have an idea who it could be,who took mt Entec, but imposs to prove.

Go round and check nothing wrong with that If its there call police or Smack em and get it back.

If you have a hunch go after it dont just sit there

Hope you do get it back tho really is sad seeing another person been done by these scum