Ash tree removal

RC0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see something different and having the energy to work the tree properly.

How does new and inventive rigging sit with the chin scratching, finger waggers down at HSE I wonder?

There aren't any chin scratching finger waggers at HSE to worry about - just the arborists that advise them.

nice one reg

this is not a criticism just something i started doing and makes loads of sense to me.

tie the tag line to the lowering line using a blakes hitch and your groundsman does not have to untie it and you don,t either and its always there and can be easily adjusted as bits get bigger or smaller and just does not seem to clutter me up

i am not trying to tell anyone how to suck eggs just something that really works for me and seems to make life slightly easier

once again nice to see jobs from climbers prospective how long was the job start to finish

nice one reg

this is not a criticism just something i started doing and makes loads of sense to me.

tie the tag line to the lowering line using a blakes hitch and your groundsman does not have to untie it and you don,t either and its always there and can be easily adjusted as bits get bigger or smaller and just does not seem to clutter me up

i am not trying to tell anyone how to suck eggs just something that really works for me and seems to make life slightly easier

once again nice to see jobs from climbers prospective how long was the job start to finish

Good idea Bob.

I was there for 3 days, although Steve and co didn’t arrive until after 10 so they were short days. They also had about 10ft of the stump to finish and the hedges to cut so it turned into the best part of the week for them.

I just heard from Steve and it turns out that in spite of all the efforts not to damage anything…. right at the end he stood on the roof to finish the stump and broke it. Unreal!

Reg, Some of the Sheds we try to avoid damaging would be quicker and cheaper to throw the shed in the skip and buy a spanking new one to put in it's place. :001_tongue:

Very true Dean, but avoiding them is such good practice for those things you cannot move or replace.