1.85 acres of woodland for sale in pemberton Wigan, oiro 10k

Carl

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a pity all the houses were built so close together that there isn't "driveway" access to the rear...

You'd get a fortune if you offered each of the home owners enough land to double the length of their gardens, a rough guess at $5k to £10k each, the value added to their houses would be quite a lot more with that amount of land...

And then you'd be left with a still pretty sizeable plot...

My god its expensive ( to me ). If that land was for sale where I live in south yorkshire there would be many a house wopped up on that land in no time. I hope its not the same in wigan though. I wish I had 10 thou and was nearer wigan, as compared to other plots around here near doncaster its fairly cheap. Do you use it for anything? I take it its not for residential developement? Every wood, field and waste land is here.

It's a pity all the houses were built so close together that there isn't "driveway" access to the rear...

You'd get a fortune if you offered each of the home owners enough land to double the length of their gardens, a rough guess at $5k to £10k each, the value added to their houses would be quite a lot more with that amount of land...

And then you'd be left with a still pretty sizeable plot...

It might not be that simple.

The first problem you are going to have in selling it piecemeal to the householders is that the land would need change of use to become part of a garden.

Its likley the new owners would want to remove at least some of the trees, which, if this is the same piece of land in an earlier thread are subject to statutory protection.

It would seem that the LA has identified this woodland as a significant amenity and would resist changing it to back gardens.

Worst case they could buy and find themselves with LA enforcement saying restore it to woodland.

Course once you have sold it these problems become issues for the new owners but it's entirely likely they will catch on beforehand and value the ground accordingly.

Andy

You also have to account for any easements/wayleave or covenants imposed by past owners of the land which can be anything from forbidding you from braking it up into smaller lots, any change in use or even you only owning the surface of the ground and the original owner retaining all the minerals beneath the ground and the right to access them, along with any accesses restrictions, etc, etc, etc.

The above can substantially change the value of any land.

To be honest there aren't too many trees just at the back of the houses and I'm not sure that everyone would want to just chop them down. I've got kids and a small piece of woodland at the bottom of my garden would go down a treat, plus even with the tpo you could still apply for thinning, copicing ect

Its only worth what someone/people are willing to pay for it.

Value is only really truly attributable once sold, if something doesn’t sell then its NOT that value but something lower. ;)

However it will be worth more sold as garden extensions however not everyone will want or have the funds to buy extensions to there garden at silly prices and once you start selling off swaths you can then be left with bits of land that get marooned as far as accesses is concerned which means easement/wayleave must be imposed to secure access to the marooned land (and for ALL owners) which in its self will devalue any plots because of the right of access across plots for potentially e.g. 19 different owners.

Also if only say <50% of the home owners take up the ground leaving marooned plots or even plots with easement/wayleave for access then that in its self devalues the remaining unsold plots as there will be great resistance to you doing anything else with the unsold land.

Thus you would do better to guarantee a very high percentage of plot sales by offering them at a reasonable price most/all can afford like £1k per plot (less for the narrow/short plots) but at the one end of the site the houses/garden boundary’s don’t lend them selves to make parallel plots, thus that make that end of the site worth much less as extensions to gardens.