Crap day

Hodge

Although i've been beating today my colleagues had a bad start to the day. The Ford Ranger was flat as a fart and they couldnt get into the container as the lock was frozen solid. They defrosted it using wd40 and had to use the l200 to wrench the door open as it had frozen shut over the weekend. They picked up the jump leads and got he ranger running to then realise the water-antifreeze mix had frozen solid which nackered the water pump. the guys are not happy as it just had its 3 month check and aparently the water-antifreeze mix was the same mix that was in from the factory. I had a quick look at it and its just a water-coollant mix. No antifreeze what so ever. New jubilee clip, New water pump and a header tank full of antifreeze and water job done. I did this all after beating so my back is now hurting and my hands are bloody frozen. Just as well the water pump is easy to access and remove. 3 bolts and a belt off and job done.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG - you beat me to it:001_rolleyes:

Van frozen solid - windscreen wipers glued to windscreen with ice.

Get to job - only around -4 so quite warm by recent standards. Trouble was the thick fog meant the ground crew could not be seen! A revision to the risk assessment and dynamic adjustment to working procedures (don't even think of walking anywhere under the tree without confirmed verbal contact from above) and I climbed up for the second time.

Slipped on icy branch and tore skin off left index finger joint - kept on bleeding - blood on rope, on chainsaw etc. Climbed down for a wound clean and a plaster. Back up again for the third time and start the dismantle of the Ash. Started to get a bit cold despite working hard - tree covered in Hoar Frost - then ropes started to freeze. Quit job and headed back to yard in thick, freezing fog - wipers frozen again.

Hope tomorrow improves :confused1::thumbup:

Get to job - only around -4 so quite warm by recent standards. Trouble was the thick fog meant the ground crew could not be seen! A revision to the risk assessment and dynamic adjustment to working procedures (don't even think of walking anywhere under the tree without confirmed verbal contact from above) and I climbed up for the second time.

Slipped on icy branch and tore skin off left index finger joint - kept on bleeding - blood on rope, on chainsaw etc. Climbed down for a wound clean and a plaster. Back up again for the third time and start the dismantle of the Ash. Started to get a bit cold despite working hard - tree covered in Hoar Frost - then ropes started to freeze. Quit job and headed back to yard in thick, freezing fog - wipers frozen again.

Hope tomorrow improves :confused1::thumbup:

My day went similar to yours :thumbdown:. Only I,ve now decided to have the rest of the week off :thumbup:

I had a bad day Saturday.

Up at 5.30 to go pick our tractor up from the docks. Get almost there and the guy coming to help me had slipped on some ice whilst getting ready to leave. So he was out of action. Went back home. Wouldn't be able to use the tractor as I'd be too busy.

Got back home around 6.45. Had to go get a mewp from Liverpool again at 7.30. Left at 7.45. Get that sorted then I manage to get a guy to help me on site. Did 4 hours work in the mewp and it died. No batteries left! Had to get the guy on the ground to manually pump it to get me down. Get back to the yard and it's an ice rink. Can barely walk anywhere.

Ended well. Beef casserole and proper chips for tea :thumbup: