200t not running right

jose

Will do Josh, but it might be a while, our dealer is not known for fast turnover of repairs :001_smile:

Ed, I found the exhaust soots up with either mixing the two stroke too strong or not using a synthetic oil :thumbup1:

the mixture is perfect using the stihl mixing cup we mix 20l at a time witch is 4 cups full.. and its the red stihl 2 stoke oil (cant remember what its called)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the mixture is perfect using the stihl mixing cup we mix 20l at a time witch is 4 cups full.. and its the red stihl 2 stoke oil (cant remember what its called)

Never had that problem with stihl oil, except with an MS170 (say no more :001_smile:) the only other time was when I experimented with castor oil based two stroke, which also carboned up the skirt of the piston below the rings

Never had that problem with stihl oil, except with an MS170 (say no more :001_smile:) the only other time was when I experimented with castor oil based two stroke, which also carboned up the skirt of the piston below the rings

the saw was used 5 days a week almost for 4 years befor the exhuast coked up. and all our other saws are older than that and theres been no problems wit them. i just tend to stick to the stihl oil as its all ive ever used

dont knock the ms170 (wink) its a good saw for snedding out by the chipper(meens you dnt have to give your workers your expensive ms260)

It is possible the spark arrestor in the exhaust is clogged, it could also be an air leak so a pressure check would be worthwhile - normally you get an increase in idle speed that can't be brought down with this though.

Worth checking the impulse hole in the rubber boot lines up with the carb and lines up with the carb.

Check out the carb filters and make sure the fuel tank breather is clear of dirt.

Goodluck

Spud

Hi all

Had the same problem with mine this year started ran and died if not constantly bliping the throttle and got worse, as mentioned earlier in the thread the carb was the problem ,took one of an old saw swapped it and it has'nt given me any jip since.

If I remember there were a fault with hair line cracks or something anyway its been sweet since the swap