izuzu rodeo

markstuarttosdevine

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice looking truck ,but not a patch build quality on a hi lux . The engine was second to none untill they got rid of the 3.1 and went to the dohc engine

I'd have to disagree with that, I've had 3 Isuzu's not only are they built solid as a rock, but they're extremely reliable too.........

You'll not go wrong with an Isuzu...

Edited by Lee Winger

Hi mark,

I have a 04 rodeo 3.0 auto. Just hit the 96,000 mark and all I have done is service it. I have had a l200, which was also very good. The l200 had done 142,000 but had 2 clutches and a fuel pump. I also had a ranger which was a complete waste of money. 2 bloody gearboxes. Cost a bomb.

But, the Isuzu is a brilliant truck and very comfy too. So I agree with mr peter b, they are very reliable. I don't reckon you will go far wrong with buying a rodeo.

Best of luck mark

Im going through the same thing, im looking for an earlier shape 02-05 model but not sure what to look for there seems to be horror stories about them all with engines blowing up. so what do i go for in the old shapes? Navara,l200,ranger etc. it is to be more of a family car rather than pure work horse but still be good for the odd days work.

On my second Isuzu truck now - very reliable 3.0 engine. Mine was chipped by the supplier before delivery - makes a huge difference. Also had braided brake lines and a suspension upgrade - it drives like a luxury car and, after 5500 miles is averaging 28 mpg. I do have a heavy right foot but I think that is very good. You have little risk buying an Isuzu - enjoy.

The Rodeo only comes as a double cab tho right? Bugger cos my L200 is a double cab and no-one has ever sat in the back and it just ends up full of crap altho I like the option of locking a saw in the back etc which leads me to a super cab.

yes thats correct the rodeo is a double cab, i bet as soon as you change to a super cab your wish you had a double cab its always the way. the rodeo i am looking at has a armodilo roll top which can be locked which is fairly safe i would imagian compared to just having the back open all the time.