Found hidden in chestnut

s.varty

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bullet is 6" long , diameter is the same as a 1 pound coin. On the firing pin end it reads "ks 43"

Google is your friend!

12.7x99mm .50BMG

Headstamp: K S 43

Projectile: Copper with Steel Core

Manufacturer: Allegany Ordnance Plant, USA

Date: 1943

Note: M2 Ball

Em - if the bullet and brass casing are in one piece and theres no pin strike mark on the bottom - does that not make it a live round?

or am i missing something?

Your missing what i said ropetow, i said "it was live" a bloke i was working with served time in the army and removed the powder from it. I think he was a bit nervous after i told him as kids me & my mates used to tie 12 bore cartriges up and shoot at the firing pins with our air rifles, those were the days

A friend of a friend had a smaller calliber round he found. He decided to secure it in a vice and hit the firing pin, it fired, bounced around the shed and lodged its self in his jaw! Nasty, but then if he was dumb enough to do it, probably deserved it lol

HE DID WHAT? And i thought i was stupid with my air gun, at least we would hide behind a wall , peep round, shoot and dive back again. I worked with a lad who decided to make a hand grenade. 10" length of pipe ,banged 1 end over ,drilled a hole, part filled it with "explosive", then baged the other end over, or at least he started to bang it over. lost his thumb & 1st finger. Thanks bomag, just gotta find me blowtorch