What's the weather like near you now?

mendiplogs

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that when us here (in the northwest) have snow, specifically deaths on the road (M61 - J8,J9, M6 - J22-27), people getting stuck and abandoned, and just downright bad conditions (even though the snow is ace) do the SOUTH, specifically london have one or too flakes of snow and its a major disaster!!?? No reports of us up here or nothin, and this happens all the time?

:thumbup::thumbup:

Too right Rob, when we had over 2 feet of the stuff couple of weeks back there was nothing on the national news.

Now it seems the whole country is going to be bankrupt before xmas, but we've not had any:001_rolleyes:

-12 this morning but Saturday was 'interesting' no snow forcast the night before but this changed to heavy snow on Sat but on the pheasant shoot I help out on, they decided to go for it:confused1:

I went out on my Quad beating with my working cocker on the back, First drive started to snow, not going too bad but by the next drive it was really heavy snow, hard to see where I was driving across the hilly fields. I was on stop for the 3rd drive and snow and visibility totally dropped. It was impossible for find shot pheasants dropping into the 9" of snow - so I drove around on my quad (dog now wrapped in a coat) to find beaters and picker -ups. Got the quad back to a barn and put snowchains on the back of my L200 to exit a slippery track to drive home. Roads empty except for the odd landy, cars stuck on the next hill so towed one up, no prob with the chains over BFG's drove over 12 miles with them on more like a frigging panzer down lanes with drifted snow.

later that evening went out to pickup my son's girlfriend from the next village, passed one guy struggling with his wife in the snow to move their car. She really thanked me but 'he' wanted to 'man it out' with his shovel, his wife really verbally torn into him:001_huh:

We had 9" of snow in 2hours yesterday which was coming down withwind which made a severe winchill.Was minus 17 at 7 am.Still around minus 8-10 at dinner time.The place is at a near standstill spent all morning trying to get into tractor with doors frozen shut then its the task of getting them going.My mcormick tractors ran all morning and the back end oil still hasent heated up