Anyone interested in re-selling briquettes?

County4x4

Hi all,

As per the post really - is anyone out there interested in stocking probably the best firewood briquettes currently available on the UK market?

My pricing is such that a re-seller can make more profit from selling a pallet of briquettes than I make on supplying it - I'm more motivated by getting people into woodfuels than the bottom line.

I won't ramble on here about all the advantages briquettes have over logs - and I fully realise that there people out there who just don't like them on principle - but if you'd like to know more about them, and details of prices etc, please drop me a pm and I'll get back to you!

Cheers all,

Andy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in selling briquettes!

The "stock reply" is too long to send via pm on here and so I've emailed everyone. It seems that not everyone has received a reply when I've used the "send email" button here on arbtalk - so please let me know if you've not heard back from me, and include your email addy so I can contact you direct.

It might be worth checking your spam box just in case, and making sure the email addy arbtalk has in your account details is the email you actually use.

Cheers everyone, and thanks for all the interest!

Andy

Hi Andy, I have been carrying a sample (from another supplier:sneaky2:) around with me in the truck all of this season and trying to promote them to customers when i deliver my logs. Has been in vein so far.

I would be interested in supplying as i feel there is a place in the market for them, but at this point dont hold much hope for selling large numbers.

Perhaps its not seen as the correct thing for a log supplier to be selling "bought in" briquettes, or perhaps the price is too much in comparison. Not sure:confused1:

If you wish, send me some info and if they are more competative I may give them a go.

Cheers, Pete.

Do you get a longer hotter burn with briquettes, due to their density??

I have a log burning pool heater, which I just use my own logs on, but if briquettes give a longer burn, they would be great for keeping it in over night.

I'm sure the same would be true for many who use stoves to heat their homes.

Yes Dave, all you say is correct and I dare say Andy could add to it, but my problem seems to be my customers are more "traditional" and like the "real log idea".

I sometimes interprit that as being they like to have logs in the basket so it looks "cool" when they have visitors! Often I find around us people put in stoves as a fasion statement:sneaky2: