Anyone interested in re-selling briquettes?

County4x4

@Derek

Out of interest, what make were the ones you've tried, and were they quite small ones? I have a manufacturer in mind but there are quite a few outfits getting into the game now, so not bound to be the same one! If they are small ones, they do tend to go rather fast - what I call garden centre specials. A couple of my regular customers have tried them and not wanted to go back for another crack. Often cheaper than ours on paper, but if they only last half as long they generally work out dearer! Ours are probably more "coal like" than most of the others as they form proper embers rather than collapsing and expanding etc.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy

Whilst I agree that there are a lot of briquettes out there which are rubbish if made correctly with fine enough material and high density then any briquette will retain its shape in the fire. Problems arise with low density and wet material as the moisture turns to steam and breaks up the briquette. As for claims that bricks last longer with a hole in them it is normally found to be the reverse as the hole produces a larger surface area for burning than a similar weight briquette with no hole. From my own experience with our own manufactured solid briquettes we bank up our Esse range at 11pm and it stays in everynight for reloading at 8am in the morning. We started using briquettes as we were fed up of having to relight the fire when were using hardwood.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy

I was under the impression you were supplying verdos. Verdos only use pine as do hot max. Hot max is half the price produce good heat for not long. Verdos last longer but produce very little heat. I have stopped using both the products in my office as our pine kindling offcuts burn longer and hotter. I would be interested in trying any bricks with a good element of hardwood in.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Ours are made almost exclusively from oak mate - sometimes a little bit of cedar in as well but only a bit.

If you'd like a sample, I can get three packs to you for £20.22 in total. The carriage price is the same (£8.22) whether I send one two or three packs - that's why I recommend three to make the most of it.

Just drop me a line if you'd like to give them a go!

Cheers for now,

Andy

Roughly 30 kilos John mate - can't advertise as such though as the weight would have to be exact to keep trading standards happy. Some packs are a little over and some a little under, but that wouldn't be near enough so they are sold by the pack instead, and each pack contains 10 briquettes.

Cheers,

Andy