Anyone interested in re-selling briquettes?

County4x4

info to [email protected] thanks am up in north of scotland iv30 post code so del may cost more

cheers gibby

Hi Gibby,

Thanks for your interest mate - I've just emailed you the "stock reply" which everyone else has had - would take me forever to repy to everyone if I typed each email separately! In your case though I'll need to chase up some carriage rates as like you said, it may well cost more to get deliveries up there to you. The prices in the email are for most of the UK - but I'll get back to you as soon as I can if it's going to be extra.

Cheers for now,

Andy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

As per the post really - is anyone out there interested in stocking probably the best firewood briquettes currently available on the UK market?

My pricing is such that a re-seller can make more profit from selling a pallet of briquettes than I make on supplying it - I'm more motivated by getting people into woodfuels than the bottom line.

I won't ramble on here about all the advantages briquettes have over logs - and I fully realise that there people out there who just don't like them on principle - but if you'd like to know more about them, and details of prices etc, please drop me a pm and I'll get back to you!

Cheers all,

Andy

Hello,

Can I ask where do these briquettes originate and what process/materials are used in their manufacture?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

These briquettes are manufactured in the UK - I'd make more money with imported stuff, but I'm not comfy with importing them from eastern Europe and then promoting them here as a "green" fuel.

They are made almost exclusively of oak waste, with a very small percentage of cedar as well from time to time. There are no other "ingredients" of any description at all.

The briquettes are produced in a screw extruder - this is why they don't do what most briquettes do and expand when burrning and collapse if disturbed. Instead they form proper embers exactly the same shape as the briquettes which continue to give out good levels of heat for quite a long time after the flames have died down.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Andy

@Derek

will fire off the details to you in a tick mate. Out of interest, what make were the ones you've tried, and were they quite small ones? I have a manufacturer in mind but there are quite a few outfits getting into the game now, so not bound to be the same one! If they are small ones, they do tend to go rather fast - what I call garden centre specials. A couple of my regular customers have tried them and not wanted to go back for another crack. Often cheaper than ours on paper, but if they only last half as long they generally work out dearer! Ours are probably more "coal like" than most of the others as they form proper embers rather than collapsing and expanding etc.

@greengrafter will email you through here mate as I don't have an email addy for you.

Cheers,

Andy