lady killed by falling tree !

defenderjack

Do you think?

You get called to "the scene" and then start specuating on what could have caused the incident? Best to just do what you are there for and shut up IMO!

Good post rupe, On a job like that, we're paid cut, not think, that's someones else's job that night!!

Often trees alongside public highways are in a dangerous old condition (fine in a wood where no one goes) but the local councils people seem to drive along with a blindfold on. (I and several local tree surgeons reported a large dead tree in a tourist area and were told to stop telling them how to do the work). It took them a month to decide on removal.

Our thoughts are with the family of the deceased and the injured,my husband had an accident on middlewood road in sheffield in july when a dead tree fell on my car which he was using at the time,still ongoing,he is still traumatised and has very painful joints for whiplash,he is now on sleeping tablets due to having nightmares,he will not go on middlewood road at all,he has written to the council,with no reply,but they were very quick to come out and clear the debris and repair the wall,but we are lucky and grateful that he is alive.

Often trees alongside public highways are in a dangerous old condition (fine in a wood where no one goes) but the local councils people seem to drive along with a blindfold on. (I and several local tree surgeons reported a large dead tree in a tourist area and were told to stop telling them how to do the work). It took them a month to decide on removal.

As it was still stood when they removed it, it could be argued they were right.

Our thoughts are with the family of the deceased and the injured,my husband had an accident on middlewood road in sheffield in july when a dead tree fell on my car which he was using at the time,still ongoing,he is still traumatised and has very painful joints for whiplash,he is now on sleeping tablets due to having nightmares,he will not go on middlewood road at all,he has written to the council,with no reply,but they were very quick to come out and clear the debris and repair the wall,but we are lucky and grateful that he is alive.

no offence but this post sounds like your trying to justify something ready for that big 'where theres a blame theres a claim' law suit.

sorry to hear your old boy had a close shave, but you gotta get back on the pony and that...

As it was still stood when they removed it, it could be argued they were right.

Should have mentioned the tree dropped branches onto the road often and the main stem moved in storms. More like luck it was still standing.

We are often asked about tickets/insurance/risk checking/method statement but so many local councils in this area take a laid back no prevention action which could leave them open to claims. :thumbdown: Will be hell on the roads this season if as much snow as last time comes down.

I might post some photographs.

no offence but this post sounds like your trying to justify something ready for that big 'where theres a blame theres a claim' law suit.

sorry to hear your old boy had a close shave, but you gotta get back on the pony and that...

you are very wrong there,no law suit at all,he has emailed to ask if the verge has been cleared of dead trees and have they made it safe for the public,that is why he will not go on middlewood

I think it is good to discuss these issues as proffesionals however we do need to be careful that it doesn't become scare mongouring!

As for the cause of the accident sujested to be traffic fumes and salt dagage I very much doubt this as surely this wood kill branches which would become brittle, and light! I would think that this was a fracture cause by obviously HIGH WINDS.

I think it is good to discuss these issues as proffesionals however we do need to be careful that it doesn't become scare mongouring!

As for the cause of the accident sujested to be traffic fumes and salt dagage I very much doubt this as surely this wood kill branches which would become brittle, and light! I would think that this was a fracture cause by obviously HIGH WINDS.