General Tree pics

Andy Collins

Haha it was.

It had been topped in the past so was all outside regrowth coming up. Climbing it was false economy, spent more time farting around to make one cut it took me 6 hours to do about 25m of one side.

next time lay a section of ladder over the old cuts, shave hard the sides first to level youll be pruning to, if still too wide have both your 020t and a pole (powered version) saw, three days tops.:thumbup1:

bet that was grueler!

Rob, i see the target like the house and green house but if you got that kind of access and that kind of kit on site surely it would of been easier to get a tractor and saw blade to bang down the majority of it and do the tricky bits by hand. Then run round with the loader skoda and trailer and tidy up afterwards.

Want to give that puppy a go some day Gareth.

What height will it cut? 30 feet?

depends what head is on it mate. with the saw blade on it will cut 30ft high and with the rotary 36ft high. obviously if you want less clearing up use the saw blade as everything is left in 1 piece where as the big rotary just destroys everything in its path and spreads it everywhere!:001_smile:

The big saw idea crossed my mind at first. Although had no clue where to get hold of one! My second guy slipped on some ice one morning and suspected he broke his wrist. Left me a bit floundered so I ended up spending more time than I wanted to. Plus with it having to fit around assignments and exams and uni days what could have been done in less than a week normally took 3! Customer was fine and I always kept him in the loop with it all.

Hama: the first little bit done on the first pic had been done by the customer. He used an old door and some poles to climb up and stand on to cut it! The middle was totally dead and brittle. I got twanged by the elastic on my harness I don't know how many times! Plus it was cold. Left me cursing for a few minutes!

Glad it's done. The time I did spend on site everything was goingsmoothly and even though I went over by a couple of days. I still ended up spending less! Happy days!

Feeding the new chipper today.

Awesome 15mm capacity. 240 hp (think it was hp).

If you look carefully you can see the new Stein mini-arbor trolley we used to run the cordwood.

Luckily I found an extra crisp packet in the cab, as all the chip was being bagged.

3 of us smashed through the job with this kind of kit on site, but I'm glad VOSA didn't give us a tug on the way home.

They might easily have confiscated our cycling proficiency badges.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaah this is the funniest picture ive ever seen!!! nice one all you need now is the bedford rascal