General Tree pics

Andy Collins

Man up! It's not bullying Tom its people's opinion and it really isn't a nice looking tree now. Not saying we don't do it I've left trees looking bad coz of spec but I don't take pictures and say I think it looks good I just get paid to do it. If you can't take criticism don't post pictures on arbtalk then moan that arbtalk isn't a good place because people share an opinion on your photos!

Well done on the contract!

Man up! It's not bullying Tom its people's opinion and it really isn't a nice looking tree now. Not saying we don't do it I've left trees looking bad coz of spec but I don't take pictures and say I think it looks good I just get paid to do it. If you can't take criticism don't post pictures on arbtalk then moan that arbtalk isn't a good place because people share an opinion on your photos!

Well done on the contract!

Well said, IMO :thumbup1:

Tom I think the "I'm very, very pleased with it" comment is what surprised people.

Have I done work like that?? Yes, was I pleased with it?? No.

Maybe the back story would have be better posted with the pic, some may think you just made that up after the negative comments.

Fair enough hitting a tree so hard is going to be hard to find growth points but the one thing that got me was how awful the shape is, surely some more time and care could have gone into it? A lot of people have the right to have a joke about it especially after you saying how happy you was with it! Chill out dude you wasn't the man with the chainsaw so not your fault ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

So then its look like the keyboard warriors have been at it again, Slagging working of and disrespecting members and not for the first time. Not one person has said, Tom why have you done this to a fine specimen tree. Its looks a little hash done by.

Reasons for this being carried out:

A picus test was carry out in the summer of this year and relieved that 45% of the base was rotten (Ganoderma applanatum) and due to the tress location next to a busy road and a junction part of the root system was covered up by a wall,pavment, and street.

Further inspection also identified the tree leaning towards to owners house Listed building. The tree is also based in a CA area so a phone call to the LA got the ball rolling 2 months down the line the TO came out with me discuss what possibilities we could go about it. Felling, Reductions, even pollarding the poor thing. In the end it was decided to do 60% Reduction and leave stubs to help generate quick growth back on the tree.

As you can see the tree now looks bare and to SPEC what I was given.I am happy with the work the client is HAPPY WITH THE WORK and the. TO is happy that we have given the tree a few more years as it has very High amenity value in the area witch it is located.

So what the problem with it now!!!!

I am now on a contract and I am doing smilier works to 200+ Trees across Nottingham. So if any one wishes to criticises any more of my work. Please Please do come along and so how it is really done and help out un-paid of course as your all bloody experts sitting behind the computer.

This has pissed me off no end how some members get treated on here is it disgusting and im not the only one who is not happy with how members are treated on here. It seems if you have not had any work on you need to have a dig at someone and it comes out online.

90% of Arbtalk is a wonderful places and I have found it very useful, Tree id, Reccy Climbs with other members, Fungi Ids. I have made many new contacts, thanks to arbtalk my business has grown, I have enjoyed doing Tree work, and the other 10% really lets the side down and drags the website down.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/26329-flaming-line-bullying-arbtalk.html

I will only replay to constructive criticism anything else I will not replay to

P.s In case anyone would like to could of used a spell check or it makes no sense. Well I did even googled a few words to make sure!

You're whining....:biggrin:

Don't replay to this if you don't want to.

I'm sorry but the more I look at that syc the more I keep thinking what was the TO,climber,client and contractor thinking when they all stood their and said " yeah I'm happy with that "

Sorry but it looks like he went a long way to do a bad job surely a pollard or removal was a better option.

Strange but true.

:ohmy::ohmy: Now im not saying your telling the truth BUT my TO (tree officer) would be phoning me up and saying A) your off the county contractor list. B) this isnt to bs3998 (yes i know some techniques aint in it) C) im putting TPo's on any tree you apply for with the word reduction.

Just my personal opinion as its a forum and i would refuse to do that kind of spec unless in doing retrenchment pruning, vetranisation. Although i would still do it differently.

But keep working and take the critiques opinions on board and do as you please, be it strive to never do a tree like that again or continue.