Someone got a bargin today!!!!!!

samtheman365

I buy and sell alot of kit at auction. many times I have bought bargain generators for 5k and you often here " I would have had that for 5k " well they didnt I did. The dealers that do well are able to value something in a split second even kit they were not looking at it. Its easier to make the odd mistake if you have 250k to play with at each auction. Auctions are a high risk high pressure enviroment. I think Log barrons value is spot on. No one has stumped up 24k yet and every day the value is downwards. What people ask and what they get two different things. Dealers have no emotional attachement to the metal they buy but the guys on here can see the money they can earn with it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its demand Johny, they get snapped up very quickly by dealers and they keep the prices high, just like mogs. It isnt what they are worth as a tractor it is what they are worth if you can save 2-3 guys and a lot of back ache. Its basically a giant mechanical arm, it doesnt turn up late, moan about the weather and demand high wages, holidays and take days off sick. So £23k is only 2 poorly paid labourers wages for less than a year, job done.

I could collect, haul, stack, split and deliver with mine all by myself. Then i could nip down and lift all the brash off my jobs out of gardens or roadside and bring it up the road and feed it through a chipper, all from the comfort of a heated cab. With clamshell attachments i could load and deliver chip and even fill bulk bags with it, at 1 stage i was going to make the crane remote controlled so i could log up in the yard and save jumping in and out the yard. I miss mine big time.

its demand Johny, they get snapped up very quickly by dealers and they keep the prices high, just like mogs. It isnt what they are worth as a tractor it is what they are worth if you can save 2-3 guys and a lot of back ache. Its basically a giant mechanical arm, it doesnt turn up late, moan about the weather and demand high wages, holidays and take days off sick. So £23k is only 2 poorly paid labourers wages for less than a year, job done.

I could collect, haul, stack, split and deliver with mine all by myself. Then i could nip down and lift all the brash off my jobs out of gardens or roadside and bring it up the road and feed it through a chipper, all from the comfort of a heated cab. With clamshell attachments i could load and deliver chip and even fill bulk bags with it, at 1 stage i was going to make the crane remote controlled so i could log up in the yard and save jumping in and out the yard. I miss mine big time.

Right now you talk me into one aswell:biggrin:

I buy and sell alot of kit at auction. many times I have bought bargain generators for 5k and you often here " I would have had that for 5k " well they didnt I did. The dealers that do well are able to value something in a split second even kit they were not looking at it. Its easier to make the odd mistake if you have 250k to play with at each auction. Auctions are a high risk high pressure enviroment. I think Log barrons value is spot on. No one has stumped up 24k yet and every day the value is downwards. What people ask and what they get two different things. Dealers have no emotional attachement to the metal they buy but the guys on here can see the money they can earn with it.

Not sure what you mean? There is no clock ticking on the tractors value?

Not sure what you mean? There is no clock ticking on the tractors value?

Totally agree!!!

A 1970's tractor will cost more today than the day it was built.

Steam engines have increased more in value over the last 30 years than property!!!!!!!!!

Threads like this always make me smile.

There are always people who say things are way over priced and they could get one for half the price. These same people are always moaning about how tight their margins are in the business they are doing and how had it is to make money.

So, why don't they just start buying all this gear they can get at bargain prices and sell them for the price evey one else is paying????????

tractors hit a price eventually and tend to stay at that price, which bears no relation to their original value, and 70s tractors will always be cheaper than their original price only by going to vintage from classic models do you start to make more money so i dont know what you mean by that.

if buying this at £13.5k to sell for a profit it only makes economical sense to put some on for a resale and if going by what we and our friend resell second hand farm machinery and tractors for we buy at auction it would be about 30% on top of buy price, so making about £20k - my point being 13.5k is about what you would want to pay if using it for yourself to keep your costs down, but talkiing dealer prices you have to put on so much for transport back to your yard and resale costs etc . and dealer prices are completely differnt ball game to auction values.

to me its all about having the confidence to just buy it, i know very little about mechanics or how to even value a machine, i know what it would be worth to me, and thats all that matters, i have been told i am nuts for buying some of the stuff i have bought or crazy for paying the prices, If i am really busy i dont have the time to or i dont see the point on me, taking time off to trawl round auctions, i would rather pay a dealer, get a guarantee and get it delivered and all that time i am cutting trees making money.