Stopped by the police

steve@black

We have fully marked up council trucks with all the relevant warning stickers yet we were pulled over to check all the kit in the back is ours. I think they were more upset that our two trucks with agrressive tyres had decided to empty themselves of mud just as they came up the hill in their nice clean traffic car. No further action was taken. The next day we had 2 chainsaws, a brushcutter and tirfor winch nicked from the back which was fully locked up with deadbolts. Police found a vehicle matching the description of the one i described screaming up the hill afterwards but the vehicle was allowed to go on its way despite having what we beleive was our kit. Bloody typical.

I once saw an excavator being driven out of an industrial estate at 3am, which seemed rather odd so I phoned the local cop shop but the bloke on the desk didnt seem too interested :confused1:

Sounds about right :001_rolleyes:

A development at a village near me had a £50K 360 on site. One Sunday morning a truck arrives and starts loading it, the locals call the plod. They arrive, talk too the driver and wave him on his way.

And yes it was being stolen!!!:001_rolleyes:

The police said "it was human error", but when I say that when I'm doing 33mph in a 30mph zone they are not interested:sneaky2:

My mate stays across from a school and teenagers where drunk and smashing the place up so he phoned the police, "yes we have had another few phonecalls regarding this but no one will leave there name so we cant take action as we think its prank calls" WHAT.... so he gives his name and address then watched two police cars come in and collect said youths, they then proceeded to march them to his house knocked the door and said "is this the ones you seen" idiots or what!!! caught on the hop and wanting to do his bit he says yes, 2 nights later his window smashed and car keyed :thumbdown:

Phoned the police "have you any idea who done it" LOL he says you showed them where i stayed. "sir unless you seen them there is nothing we can do......"

No wonder people turn a blind eye when thats you thanks and backup you get for doing the right thing :thumbdown:

I was stopped by the police late one night. I was towing the other half's (who was in the passenger seat) horse box with the wrong number plate on. Just gave him both sets of vehicle details & he sent us on our way. They said they'd had a lot of boxes going missing. At least there looking out for us.

got stopped yrs ago by the plod," what are you doing in this village at 10:00pm"? been canoing, "Where's your canoe"? left it with a mate," it's been dark for 4 hours, where have you been?" like a dick, I said,"in the pub" - he let me go.