if i dont get a decent job after this then whats the point !

jayman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i started uni and loving it,as part of the course we learn garden history,surveying & drafting,cad and loads more so with nc,nd arb and a degree in landscape design i should hopefully get a "propper" job. my only concern is being over qualified, i was once told i was over qualified for cutting grass for the council, does/has anyone else come up against this problem ? cant afford to start up on my own :-(

i think the council were being diplomatic :001_rolleyes:

well i started uni and loving it,as part of the course we learn garden history,surveying & drafting,cad and loads more so with nc,nd arb and a degree in landscape design i should hopefully get a "propper" job. my only concern is being over qualified, i was once told i was over qualified for cutting grass for the council, does/has anyone else come up against this problem ? cant afford to start up on my own :-(

i think the council were being diplomatic :001_rolleyes:

It could be that....

Or it could be that the bloke looking through the applications didn't want to appoint somone who he felt may be "smarter / better qualified / better" than he was (or she (of course) don't want to be sexist)

It's worth doing even if it doesn't lead to a job. You'll never regret learning.

sorry aint been on i a few days may be i should elaborate a bit, when i was told i was over qualified it was a bout 8 years a go, i had a 1st dip in agri and hort engineering and an nvq L2 in amenity hort, i had done some voluntary work for the Scottish wildlife trust thinning and such and also worked for a firm that cut grass for some of the big firms up there. i saw the bloke that interviewed me a few days later in the pub and he told me.i know i will have to start at the bottom i dont want to jump the que ,i want to start at the bottom so i can learn every aspect of the job but eventually i would like to have my own landscape design/tree work company but aint gonna be able to afford to set up for a long time ! so thought i would try and get in with LA either with the tree officer(trainee) or Landscape Officer and deal with works to protected trees and trees in Conservation Areas may be or some sort of landscape design department.