wasps

Martyn Amos

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I manage to get stung a couple of times a year on average!! The last sting i had this year so far was on my foot. Went into my house to answer a call of nature and came back downstairs put my boot on a bang there you have it. Yet another sting. I find at this time of year with all of the fruit about wasps aren't too bothered with me. They'd rather be getting drunk on mother natures proceeds!!

:willy:Must be something about 39 and 40 year olds. I got stung 2 years ago and again yesterday after felling trees with the harvester and wasps somehow getting into the cab. The worst one though was last winter when I put on a glove to open my wood burner and a wasp had crawled into it (the glove not the woodburner!!!). That really hurt and hand swelled up so much that I couldn't touch my thumb and index finger for about 12 hours. Now looking into carrying an epi pen with me at all times.

:willy:Must be something about 39 and 40 year olds. I got stung 2 years ago and again yesterday after felling trees with the harvester and wasps somehow getting into the cab. The worst one though was last winter when I put on a glove to open my wood burner and a wasp had crawled into it (the glove not the woodburner!!!). That really hurt and hand swelled up so much that I couldn't touch my thumb and index finger for about 12 hours. Now looking into carrying an epi pen with me at all times.

Must be because we can't move as quick as the youngsters :lol:

For the first time in yonks i got stung up last year,headed for home only a mile away to sort myself out.Theyd got under my helmet somehow,and inside my shirt and trousers before i knew what happened,and got my kit off to brush them off.the swarm got me 20 times before i could get out of their way and it took me all afternoon of resting before i felt better to go back and collect my gear which luckily was still there.now keep puriton in my truck. Then got blinking nipped again last week when i stood on a nest,again they got under my helmet but as ide gone on my tractor i still had to come home for tablet.i had 6 sting bumps on my head which mrs oldwoodcutter treated with vinegar.

So far i have spotted atleast 50 on the 22 sites and long distance trails i manage. I had 2 weeks off after getting stung 47 times by the lil blighters. I don't mind em as long as they don't get angry. My boss wondered why i ran past him stripping down to my boxers and trying to find a watersource. I didn't care what it was or how manky it was i needed to get in it.

So far i have spotted atleast 50 on the 22 sites and long distance trails i manage. I had 2 weeks off after getting stung 47 times by the lil blighters. I don't mind em as long as they don't get angry. My boss wondered why i ran past him stripping down to my boxers and trying to find a watersource. I didn't care what it was or how manky it was i needed to get in it.

:lol::lol:. Bet you ran like Linford:lol:.

For the first time in yonks i got stung up last year,headed for home only a mile away to sort myself out.Theyd got under my helmet somehow,and inside my shirt and trousers before i knew what happened,and got my kit off to brush them off.the swarm got me 20 times before i could get out of their way and it took me all afternoon of resting before i felt better to go back and collect my gear which luckily was still there.now keep puriton in my truck. Then got blinking nipped again last week when i stood on a nest,again they got under my helmet but as ide gone on my tractor i still had to come home for tablet.i had 6 sting bumps on my head which mrs oldwoodcutter treated with vinegar.

20 stings in one go? nasty

1 sting at a time hurts enough for me

tread very careful:thumbup: