1st saw for woodland work

Alright folks,

Been working for a charcoal burner, doing some thinning work. It my first job out of college and Im really enjoying it.

Saved up just enough money to put my self through my 1st tickets, was wondering if the husky 435 was suitable for the course and for the small diameter stuff we are cutting for the charcoal.

cheers in advance for any help :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me I'd save up a bit more, use the colleges saws for the test and buy something like a 346 - it'll cost more initially but in the long term it'll be worth the investment. I've a 353 that's about 6 years old (maybe more) and admittedly it's not done alot for the last 2 and a half years but i'd be confident it'll last a while longer yet.

cheers for the reply mate,

Seems like sound advice, moneys tight but hopefully il be able to stretch for it. Cant use colleges saws because Im not a student anymore!

Its a costly affair this chainsaw buisness! Might have to buy an axe!

I'd go for the 346xpg with a 13" bar. It is so fantastic i have one myself. I use to use it for charcoal thinnings. Its done so big trees too about 30" across too so its good all rounder. The 357 is a bit bigger but i doubt you'll need the extra grunt. Go for the 346 and you won't be disapointed. Worth saving up the extra to get it.

another vote for the 346 mine is brilliant with a 15" bar, small light and bags of power. Just so you know, the 346xpg is the one with heated handles (that's what the g means) I wouldn't bother with this myself but if you're going to be working a lot in the cold you might like to consider it.

cheers,

Joe