Friction cord for tachyon

ad15

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the armour prus bit down too hard and tight on te new England tachyon so went back to ocean polyester. On my teufelberger tchyon they both work as good as each other for me at least. It's just a pity the stitched eyes are so expensive in n

why not just use the VT all the time?

was thinking about this more today rich,

I've got carpel tunnel, arm pump and as yet the doc has failed to cure me,,

pulling into the tree on a vt is really straining my arms,, where as the prussik is more comfortable,,

once the top line is in i've been using the vt though..as per your set-up..

i do like it once in the crown..

if i were you I'd stick to the vt and put a sling between your harness and your hc for ascents, You can see it on this vid at about 3.40.

We have a short 35m rope for small trees with a longer hitch cord for traditional "Prusik"climbing, although I use a hitch that can be tended one handed as if it had a pulley. I'll post some pics of it as dave will have forgotten how to tie it due to the state he was in when I showed him.

well spotted justin,, that's what i thought too,

while i got you justin,,, bee line or marlow? ignore the money,, i just want the best grip....

Had good and bad reports from both, think it's a personal thing. The beeline will last longer though.

if i were you I'd stick to the vt and put a sling between your harness and your hc for ascents, You can see it on this vid at about 3.40.

We have a short 35m rope for small trees with a longer hitch cord for traditional "Prusik"climbing, although I use a hitch that can be tended one handed as if it had a pulley. I'll post some pics of it as dave will have forgotten how to tie it due to the state he was in when I showed him.

which vid tom? like the sound of that,, as long as it's not "overengineering" if you know what i mean,,, i do like the simplicity of prussik,, BUT i do like the VT for moving around the crown,,

If i ever get my arms sorted i'll be hauling up on the VT like no tomorrow,

Justin,,, hmmmm,, i'll give you a bell,,