Rip, twang, kipper-bang

David Humphries

That is a remarkable failure Nepia, thanks for showing.

The tension on the remaining straps must have been beyonfd emense.

Here's the Lime failure that we came across on the Whip foray a couple of weeks back.

Even though the presence of Kretzchmaria & Ganoderma suggested the type of decay that did for this beast, my own personal theory is that it was the extra pies that sean were munchin earlier in the day that did for her.

I'm sure just after he'd gone ahead round the corner, then we heard an almighty bang :biggrin

Kretz bang whallop!:lol:

In the original photo look at the tree behind Edit: My bad, it's the splinter from the same tree

You make things far too complex:001_rolleyes:

It is still strangulation, whats this the tree has suffered high loading all it's life

If it was strangulation mr lofthouse the buckles would not be at different elevations, look again:001_tt2:

As for whats this suffered loads all its life, cant you see it, The late mature shear bomb crack instigated at maturity as the root plate changed morphology, the invasion of saprobic materials via meripilus etc, the buckles, the lean, the one sided crown:laugh1:

If it was strangulation mr lofthouse the buckles would not be at different elevations, look again:001_tt2:

As for whats this suffered loads all its life, cant you see it, The late mature shear bomb crack instigated at maturity as the root plate changed morphology, the invasion of saprobic materials via meripilus etc, the buckles, the lean, the one sided crown:laugh1:

I'll simplify, Your wrong :001_smile:

The buckle are are different levels because it has ripped a strap up with a bit of rootplate...look again

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

If you look closely you can clearly see that in 1973 someone tied a yellow ribbon around the tree, and coupled with what appears to be a cold February in 1976, the tree's fate was sealed.

I would have expected it to fall a couple of weeks earlier than it did, but then I'm no expert.

:wink:

If you look closely you can clearly see that in 1973 someone tied a yellow ribbon around the tree, and coupled with what appears to be a cold February in 1976, the tree's fate was sealed.

I would have expected it to fall a couple of weeks earlier than it did, but then I'm no expert.

:wink:

:lol:

I am hoping these images will behave themselves and stay the way i want them to. The trees with the splits will be coming out this winter due to their proximity to footpaths, roads, car parks, etc. I have put some photos of a fungi that looks very similar to Honey Fungus but there is no veil/ring under the gills. It was growing on the roots of a severely ivy clad cherry.

047.jpg.022e67d7b07c0f9dc184d4dbfc77eed8.jpg

046.jpg.b42f8fc25549c5aadaaef1e9a66c7d29.jpg

045.jpg.b9bd1062da9077f3f0dfe510281dc412.jpg

054.jpg.27d1cdb8a185438b98aeaff025261099.jpg

053.jpg.2d0e032a91d6762d3c5c7d824e20913e.jpg

050.jpg.84feb3e13cd2ffab8272db519a775bde.jpg

042.jpg.3474681801eadc6e48443a828aa9b81e.jpg

041.jpg.94a6a714836417f97d834c15346ec0d4.jpg

040.jpg.ac5dbb2921aa614a288c4e41b015e20d.jpg