Stumpgrinder accident.

Mick Stockbridge

Hello Dave,

I only joined Arbtalk a few days ago, but reading this thread brought back memories of my stay in hospital... working for a local woodyard unloading 30ft lengths oak with a forklift, log slipped on load whilst placing bearers and crushed my foot. Young bones healed quickly thankfully.

Anyway, what I want to say is don't skimp on the exercises that the physio folks give you. 5 years on and I'm sure I would have benefited more from sticking with the regime, never wanted to give time to the repetitious stretching and moving etc, felt I needed to get on with my work. Now I have to force my foot to work properly first thing in mornings and when it's really cold.

Point is that the work will still be there when you're as mobile as you can be, but you'll only have the one chance for the exercises to do the most good as you heal.

Sorry for the lecture, but made me think when I visited the consultant 6 months after going back to work, he warned that I may need further surgery in my later years to ease pain, partly due to my not following physio to the letter.

A donation has been made and I wish you all the best during your recovery and beyond.

Chris G

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave, glad things are on the up. Are you still in hospital or back home? I have lost touch a bit.

still in hospital steve, starting to feel like part of the furniture now:biggrin:

mullshillfarm, advice taken on board mate thanks. at the moment i have a very limited exercise pattern however i am able to get about on crutches now. as soon as they are able to give me more to do trust me i'll be doing it with absolute conviction:thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to read about the accident, it sounds like a baddun'

stumpgrinders are evil bastards. When you are ready perhaps you could outline the details so that other people (myself included) don't do the same thing. understandably if there are insurance complications you cannot do it. but anyway I hope the recovery is as quick as possible.

Mick

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Dave

We have raised some money through Arbtalk, our web site and in the shop for you and your family to help you out with what ever you may need.

Come on all you guys that have not managed to do it yet, you can still do it on the website from the home page.

Injured climber donation | F R Jones and Son

As soon as you need it Dave let me know how you would like me to get it to you.

Total raised so far is £410.00:thumbup:

Great effort everyone.:001_smile::thumbup:

Just a quick reminder Dave is still out of work for a long while yet, so if anyone can lets see if we can give him a half decent Xmas.

So far we have raised £570.00 lets see if we can give it a little push and top it up a little before I send him the cheque.

Cheers,

Justin.:thumbup:

Just a quick reminder Dave is still out of work for a long while yet, so if anyone can lets see if we can give him a half decent Xmas.

So far we have raised £570.00 lets see if we can give it a little push and top it up a little before I send him the cheque.

Cheers,

Justin.:thumbup:

My donation on its way,,,have a meal on me dave,,,hope your doing ok,,believe in kama......:thumbup: