TR70 branch logger at APF

Buzzsurgeon

As we speak i'm about 20% through dropping an old plum orchard and i have thought of the small branches going through my machine but time is a major factor on this job if i do get time towards the end i might do a few nets and see what it looks like.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I missed that TR70 at the show but it would be great for Gasyfying boilers and for making Biochar to sell for soil improvement ,all we need is to get cash incentives for sequestring carbon it would be a no brainer ,good value for 2.8k Sort of kit you could buy between a few contractors ,any good for kindling ?

Pit burning would be as fast and still yield the biochar. We made charcoal very fast using lop and top from oak felled in March and carbonised in May and 50% riddled out to lumpwood spec.

I've made good biochar by reconfiguring a 500kW Kob, problem is finding someone willing to buy and use the stuff. Strictly speaking it's use is limited to domestic properties.

How much would you sell these nets for and who would you market them to?

I don't think 'logs for toffs' would sell very many!

If you were certain you could sell them then there would be no question about getting one of these machines.

Forget the logs for toffs thingy. I've nearly sold all the nets I did through the summer/autumn as kindling 1 net with almost every load and a few people ringing up solely for the "kindling in huge nets" that their neighbour has told them about. I think i've only had 1 customer not place a repeat order for kindling.

Forget the logs for toffs thingy. I've nearly sold all the nets I did through the summer/autumn as kindling 1 net with almost every load and a few people ringing up solely for the "kindling in huge nets" that their neighbour has told them about. I think i've only had 1 customer not place a repeat order for kindling.

How much do you sell them for philg?

And how do you Market them?

I really like the look of these machines, they've been playing on my mind. A valuable product, even just out of the hedge! Nice thought.

How much do you sell them for philg?

And how do you Market them?

I really like the look of these machines, they've been playing on my mind. A valuable product, even just out of the hedge! Nice thought.

Started off at £10 a net. I've since put them down to £5 and added a fiver onto log prices:sneaky2: They were selling at £10 but people were a little hesitant now nearly all customers have tried the kindling and like it, they'll be going back up to £10 next season.

Marketing all depends where you intend to sell them:confused1:

Thanks Phil

Nope dont do wholesale on these because I dont need to, as all mine go out with my own logs my idea behind it all is if i'm travelling to someones property I might as well maximise my profits and have just about every possible saleable fuel on board within reason of course.