tripping a hung tree

dadio

That is why there is so little of this stuff presently available. Where are the training tapes for complex falling, rigging and cutting techniques.. THEY DON'T EXIST!!

Dan,

you attempted to show a vertical snap cut with a holding strap designed to slow the trunk down as it breaks. All you achieved was a standard jump cut with no slowing of the trunk as it broke.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Physics know no geographic boundaries my friend. My first "clue" would have been to re-demonstrate this technique before posting it to a swath of arborist and foresters. I haven't even seen your other videos yet, so this is the first exposure I've seen, so I have no bias. I guess everyone has a different opinion of your method and the way it was carried out. Maybe we can all learn something from the feedback as well.

Be safe.

ACUF

Appreciate the sentiment..

I have shown a similar cut in several other videos..

including another one called "widowmakers" and one called "gulph hills oaks".

and the last tree in the first falling compilation (1), might have been called "compilation falling".. youtube search any of those titles w/ "murphy4trees"...

Dan,

you attempted to show a vertical snap cut with a holding strap designed to slow the trunk down as it breaks. All you achieved was a standard jump cut with no slowing of the trunk as it broke.

actually I stated that as long as it is still attached to the stump, there will be very little difference in the speed of the release. The main benefit of the plunge is preventing the bar from pinching in the cut, though there are other benefits as well. Again, there was an insert shot of a large ash leaning trunk, breaking and dropping slowly, and well after I stepped away from the cut, which showed the secondary benefit, as I mentioned in the tape..

How many times do I have to explain this?

You guys are beginning to sound like the Americans!

There is nothing wrong with abit of constructive criticism and if people don't like criticism then their heads to far up their own arse IMO.

I have watched some of your video clips and to me alot of it looked dangerous and to be honest there are much safer technics out there.

Again only my opinion.

You guys are beginning to sound like the Americans!

:001_rolleyes: I wonder why????:sneaky2:

You sound like one of those parents who keeps moving their child from school to school because of problems their child is having, but even though the only common factor in the problems is their child they still say its every one else's fault :001_rolleyes:

You are one of those people who in their own mind is aways right, even if the whole of the world disagreed, in your world you are right and every body else is wrong.:001_rolleyes:

:001_rolleyes: I wonder why????:sneaky2:

You sound like one of those parents who keeps moving their child from school to school because of problems their child is having, but even though the only common factor in the problems is their child they still say its every one else's fault :001_rolleyes:

You are one of those people who in their own mind is aways right, even if the whole of the world disagreed, in your world you are right and every body else is wrong.:001_rolleyes:

My child is a genius.. literally off the charts.. he broke the school districts all time record in reading last year.. We'd like to get him in a better school, but there are none available in his area.. mioght be a good metaphor...

Will someone please answer this question:

Waht is the only scenario where the butt will not drop straight down when a widow maker is tripped with a vertical snap cut, as shown in this vid?

ps. the movement of the stump after release will not efect the movement of the butt as it drops.

Edited by dadio
ps

My child is a genius.. literally off the charts.. he broke the school districts all time record in reading last year.. We'd like to get him in a better school, but there are none available in his area.. mioght be a good metaphor...

hahahahahahahahahaha you are unreal mate- its staring you in the face, yet you cant see it can you?

You have just proved skyhuck 110% correct. Well done.:thumbup1: