You've got me at it now Hama

Albedo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last photo of the buttercup, well i would have gone flat on to the flower to increas depth of field as much as poss and focussed on the stamens closesest to view.

I was reading about DOF on wikipedia this morning.........

When the lens axis is not perpendicular to the image plane, the POF (plane of focus) is no longer parallel to the image plane; the ability to rotate the POF is known as the Scheimpflug principle.

scheimpflug principle...What a great name:confused1::biggrin:

Im never going to regret this for more than five minutes at a time! but I just used a credit card and bought the LX5! whooooop whoooooop! lol

there may be trouble ahead, but by golly theres going to be some darn fine images coming this way VERY soon!

Nice one H, now I've got you at it mate.:thumbup1: May have to come and give you a hand with the baillifs:001_smile:

Love what your'e doing with the old camera, thats very generous.

I hope you are happy with it and if you have any problems with the instructions - 200 pages plus - Have a word with me as I've already broken the back of it .. so to speak.

I'm chuffed, and look forward to seeing your pics and talking LX5 with you. :thumbup:

You need not worry about me having camera trouble Albedo! Nor bailif issues! I am at my best under a little financial pressure, It makes me work harder and go find more work when needed, if im not in the red Im just mooching about in the woods all the time! lmao

Im glad you approve of my plans for the old camera (4 months old mind!) i thought it would be a suitable way of encouraging some fungal wanderings and appreciation.

And i will be very happpy with it, and having had a play, wonder why it took you so long to work out the ease of use and the quality of image capable with this camera, even at F2 its depth is remarkable, and I did not know till today but its sensor size is in fact larger than most compacts! bonus!

Im going to visit a few fungi tommorow to re shoot them with this new and most awsome camera, i ran out of light and time today, but you can bet your bottom dollar tommorow is going to see something truly marvelous in the diary!

What is making me giddy as a school boy?

lens 24 mm to 90mm, macro to 1cm, manual focus option! wicked aspect! and the lens itself, OMG!

Maximum aperture F2! thats kick arse at this level of camera! fast as you like for low light (where the fungi hide!)

Minimum F8 to capture detail in landscapes so crisp youll think your there!

memory! shoot all day on ONE card! awsome

sensor size, better than the common aps format sizes.

battery will do 400 shots, getting a spare so all day no issue at all.

Colour rendition so acurate its surreal, and infinatley adjustable by the user for enhanced colour saturation contrast etc, for those really cool shots that just scream IMPACT just like my old velvia slide film.

and simply the easiest most user friendly interface, just like my old lumix DMC FS15, gotta love it

Ok it'll be you helping me with the instructions then H.

Never had a camera that had a user interface before so it's been a new lingo to me, there's info in your last post thats usefull to me.

I was working today on the roof but nipped out to do a quote and took this one in scene mode. I couldn't frame too well as the screen was washed out in the sun, there was a good photo here and I feel that I missed it. I may invest in the optical viewfinder soonish.

Edit: posted the wrong one this one is cropped and I meant to post the uncropped version of the same pic

P1000811ed.jpg.07340acec0b1058435291cba00ef996d.jpg

Edited by Albedo

By the way H.

Nice of you to post the news in this thread as it's quite a big deal to make a decision on a camera for someone of your experience and enthusiasm. Must have been tempting to start a new thread, that was decent of you.

Appreciated mate.

By the way H.

Nice of you to post the news in this thread as it's quite a big deal to make a decision on a camera for someone of your experience and enthusiasm. Must have been tempting to start a new thread, that was decent of you.

Appreciated mate.

The respect due fella, was you that pointed this little gem out, was only right and propper.

PS the crop in that last image, mmmmmm realy? not Quiet there, have you found the golden mean rule of thirds grid button on the LX5 yet?

Press display several times! oh and it adapts the grid to all the wonderful picture formats too, aint that a great feature! square, regular (4x3) 3x2 and 16x9