How long????

Tree cutter Stu

16 years here and i can tell you now you will never ever get a better job. if any one here thinks theyve had enough of tree work one day and you will give your self a few good slaps and tell yourself to shut up ive got the best job in the world! ...this is good advice take it!

Bob, I dont doubt that for one minute.

But what do you compare it against ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years here but not full time been doing college in between that ND in arb. but finding it hard to get work 5 days a week being self employed. bit of a struggle when your starting.

I'm not sure I fall into the "average" category here, I don't feel particularly old, but reading your guys' posts I feel like Grandfather Time. Started climbing in the late 60s with Ed Hobbs when he was just starting out.

I realize things are alot different now, especially for you folks in the UK and Europe. The regulation requirements seem to prevent starting this career at a young age. This is a career of high turnovers. But for those who stick it out, it is not only highly rewarding but somewhat addictive.

I have tried several times to find other employment realizing that one can't climb trees forever. I just can't do it. Everything else bores me to tears. So climbing forever is my only option. :crazy:

Dave

Wow- loads of tales to tell of the good old days I bet :)

What's your name D Mc- not may of us "Mc"'s around so curious

McNeill

Not too sure of my lineage. My grandpa was a tight-lipped, mean SOB who ran a bar in New Jersey. Wouldn't talk about the past. So I'm thinking I may not come from the noblest of blood. :scared:

Be that as it may, at least in my mind, I'm a prince in the trees! :proud:

Dave

McNeill

Not too sure of my lineage. My grandpa was a tight-lipped, mean SOB who ran a bar in New Jersey. Wouldn't talk about the past. So I'm thinking I may not come from the noblest of blood. :scared:

Be that as it may, at least in my mind, I'm a prince in the trees! :proud:

Dave

We may all have history we are unsure of lol

Please to meet you Dave :wave:

This was a 110 foot doug fir that failed onto a roof, and damaged a 55 foot tall 6 trunked dogwood, which I'm working out of in the photo. We had guyed the trunks together to allow safer climbing in it and lowering from it. This is the first time in all likelihood that anyone took a piped chain saw aloft!! Had to play with it a few times after I had Ed Heard build the saw and pipe.

IMG_8838_resize.jpg

And a video of the same fast little saw...

[ame]

[/ame]

Check out my other videos while you're at it. I may be old, grey, and dottery, but still have fun!