New rigging device?

Robert_S

But surely you need to be more careful, other wise why do they also do a bollard???

For big rigging the bollard offers more control. Greg Good who made the system claims he never uses the bollard and is still using the original winch. We use both. With a good groundsman I don't think we've come close to pushing the limits of the winch. Thats why I'd like to know the swl of this bollard cos it looks less robust

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks well dope.:lol: But why no info on it ? Where did it come from ?

Can you pre tension it with the winch then snatch onto the outer bolard ?

How big is it ?

Can you wear it on your wrist to lower branches out of the tree like a web slinging spiddy man ?

Ha ha ha.....:001_smile: An then use it to keep your trousers up when seeking refreshment in the bar no doubt.:001_smile:

GRCS is good gear. :thumbup1:No option to swap winch to bollard mid stream though eh?

i had a go of a hobbs, which was very impressive BUT the handle was a pest , i know it wasnt sitting to well on the tree but a handle would be so much better i reckon

thats why i didn't like the look of the hobbs(not that i had the chance to use it). you have to keep taking the handle out and putting it back in to turn it. the grcs is ace for storm damage jobs where theres lots of tension. and the groundies luv em

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I agree, Yacht winches work just fine. Self tailing is better. fix it to a board and ratchet strap it down.

You can save yourself a few quid by not going for the floating handle option.

wo wo wo,, i don't think it'll be as much as 2k,,, i've broken plenty of winches on boats and never blown 2k, well only once,, :lol:

re robustness,, I'd bet ALOT of money on it's strenght, JUST on the fact it's haarken.. to quantify this..... the volvo round the world yacht race,,,, imagine racing the formula one version of a racing boat around the world,,, now imagine taking that boat through the southern ocean,, for a few weeks,,, you CANNOT afford any breakages,,,, ALL the boats use haarken tackle and running gear....same goes for the vendee globe

here is a video in case you havent got the point yet...

If I was going freelance again full time this would be on the top of the list with a landrover close behind!

I think its an awesome piece of kit, there are times when lifting the section would be a big help and this is the kit to do just that, and its the best design at the current time IMO.

I dont think it is expensive I watched the winches being built on video and theres a lot of very expensive material in one of those! could also get a rescuer up rapid!

you get what you pay for in this world my friends, and in this you will see what that truly means.