dog walkers

monkey boys

signs some pople just dont give a for them

even working in the woods we have to put signs up say 50yards up and down the trake from us working tree felling danger and when we are cutting they stand up your just to ask you loads of questions.

or the dog runns up to us just when the tree is on its way down.

some pople just dont get it

if i stoped each time i see some one standing there wanting a chat

ill still be in the woods now cutting lol :001_rolleyes:

Edited by Andy Collins
language

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll get used to it. wont ever stop either mate, people will always nose when they hear saws or see signs for felling.

We were pollarding some trees for the council a few months ago , we closed the footpath, put signs up ect....

people egnored them on the way to work and one woman said'oh i dont have time to go back round' . the public can be stupid. not all. just some.

What if the guy coming up and asking questions is someone who has no experience and has been looking around the woodlands at bits that need clearing up and is thinking of doing the work himself but instead asks you "workers" if he could come and give you a hand for no money, just the experiance?

Sam ;)

signs some pople just dont give a f*** for them

even working in the woods we have to put signs up say 50yards up and down the trake from us working tree felling danger and when we are cutting they stand up your ar*e just to ask you loads of questions.

or the dog runns up to us just when the tree is on its way down.

some pople just dont get it

if i stoped each time i see some one standing there wanting a chat

ill still be in the woods now cutting lol :001_rolleyes:

Often people who stop you working are looking for a quote, show em your rear at your peril.

Even the ones wanting a chat should be sent on their way with a business card at the least.

Its been scientifically proved by NASA and those clever bods at CERN that the more signs, cones and barriers you use the more people will turn up and want to move them out of the way to get a good luck and feel of what is going on.

They attract idiots who cant think for themselves and have no control over their actions. :thumbup1:

Never think that you can expect people to adhere to the control measures you use, you have to watch out for them and try and be polite or they will just stand around ranting and getting in the way even more.:laugh1:

Often people who stop you working are looking for a quote, show em your rear at your peril.

Even the ones wanting a chat should be sent on their way with a business card at the least.

Thats how i do it ALWAYS keep a card in the pocket give it to them Then wait for the call

yer thats cool but its the nuters you get talking

saying you cant cut in this woods

or pikes asking for wood lol

amd moning about the trakes are a mess

i would disagree with pikes asking for wood, we often get people asking for wood when it is ringed up, it is nice quick money- tranist load 40 pounds:thumbup1:

People are stupid end of

last Thrusday closed a road off, cones, signs, the works, old bloke carefully drives round said cones which are slap bang in the middle of the road.

Tapped on window

"Excuse me, theres a reason this roads been closed (pointing to remains of tree and large pile of logs),hence the signs and cones in the road" said i.

"WHAT SIGNS AND CONES?!" was his reply

you cannot win:001_rolleyes: