Chainsaw protection?

Mr Ed

Only "near miss" I ever had was snedding of some side limbs on the deck after a take down. I caught the saw on a stub and it kicked up in to the back of my left boot, I know I know "What was your boot doing there?" I was tired and maybe not thinking straight and the site was a mess hence the funny stance because the groundies hadn't cleared this limb yet. Anyway blade rode up the back of my boot lifting my trouser leg before it hit my calf.... Luckily those lovely little kevlar strands in the rear padding had done their job, when I felt brave enough to look all I had was a little mark on my leg just above the boot cuff...nuff said! it can happen to any of us. Anyway for a lot of arb work you should ditch the chainsaw trousers and use a pull saw !! You get a much better job if you have to justify the effort before you make it.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

say £80 + VAT (List £110.75 + VAT) Design C

Design A (not Truflex outer material but are lightweight) £60.00 + VAT

thanks cheap!, shame i just got some more hiflex today. how tough is the outer material? i know of a climber who cut himself badly wearing type a's.

thanks cheap!, shame i just got some more hiflex today. how tough is the outer material? i know of a climber who cut himself badly wearing type a's.

my ex boss cut straight through into his leg not too deep thankfully and we carried on using saw no clogging occured he cut his front thigh with his knee bent if he had cut down his leg they would of worked or if his knee hadnt of been bent they would have worked so it may of been how or where he cut himself as on the front there is not much difference from A-C

The Truflex is new to us. It's widely used in Canada for different sorts of workwear not just chainsaw gear. It claims to be 'a soft, durable and wrinkle resistant 12% stretch twill'. The design A trousers have a more conventional polycotton outer material which we've had no problems with over the last couple of years since we started selling this range. I'm not promoting the idea of climbers using design A trousers as I think it's pretty clear that they are SUPPOSED to wear c's ! As far as protection to the front of the leg goes this should be the same whether it's a or c