Chainsaw protection?

Mr Ed

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Type a is front protection, c all round. To be picky in the EN standard they are referred to as Design A and Design C. 'Recommended' as used in HSE guidance leaflets, for instance, is a stronger word than you might think. These leaflets represent the law on these points and in the case of an accident you could be prosecuted for not following their 'guidance'

iirc that yes you may use type a for climbing BUT you must be able to prove in your risk assessment why you deem it to safe to do so ..... heat exhaustion blah blah .... but with the new types of type c this is getting harder to prove its like the sip freedoms only have lower protection and are type a but again why use them not say stihl hiflex etc .... i think only time you can 100% get away with type a up a tree without the need for r/a modding is if a saw in not being used in harness eg silky work only ) but how many of use carry two pairs f trousers or should i say afford them.

I've read the same re type A OK for climbing provided it has been covered in your risk ass. etc but what do you think HSE will say if you have an accident:bash:

Yet another one of those 'it will be OK until it happens' then sh1t will hit the fan :BoomSmilie_anim:

well if u had an accident your risk assessment obviously failed anyway!

Exactly.

But what I mean is that bet nobody will stop you or tell you that you cant use type A until you have an accident. It will then be a double hit - incorrect risk ass and ppe.