57 Plate Navara 4WD light on dashboard

Sciadopitys

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wierd, mines a d22 on an 03 plate and its solid. Have been waiting for it to blow up but it just keeps on going. I tow too much with it, winch off it and currently been driving it into trees on a regular denting occurance!! The new ones just dont seem to cut it as useful anymore. Mind you the next one for me is going to be the Isuzu Rodeo.

• 7 months later...
Hi,

I have a 57 Plate Nissan Navara like Mr. Bullmans. and i have recently got a warning light constantly illuminated on the dashboard. The truck will not go into 4wd high, but will go into 4wd low. I have read threads on here before about 4wds and trucks so thought i would ask your opinions! What is the problem and is it expensive to fix?

The truck is under warrenty til november, but it is in Sweden at the minute and is gonna cost me bout £700 round trip to fetch it back to the uk for nissan to fix this problem for free. (plus loss of earnings whilst its sorted out!)

I am yet to check whether my warranty will cover it to be fixed in Sweden, but i am expecting they will give me the bull about Nissan UK being a different company to Nissan Sweden ect. ect. ect. and i suppose it will be easier and cheaper to just pay nissan over here to sort it out cos i want it sorted before the Swedish winter arrives for obvious reasons!

So, any ideas what the fault might be and what kinda price the bits are? Is this something i could fix myself, or am i right in thinking this is for the experts?

Any help appreciated!

Ed :001_smile:

Did you get this fixed? What was it in the end? I'm not convinced that the warning light staying on and the gearbox switch issue are the same.

I had the switch replaced under warranty - a 20 minute job. The symptom was the vehicle putting itself into 4WD and staying there - on the road on one of the hottest days of the year. The warning light wasn't involved in that.

Recently the dash warning light has been coming on intermittently and can usually be put off again by flicking into/out of 4WD. I think that delayed 4WD engagement is involved too.

I've looked at a couple of forums (fora?) and seen explanations ranging from a goosed transfer box to a worn/rubbed loom that Nissan diagnosed but were too coy to explain in detail, though perhaps that was because that example was in South Africa and they didn't like the idea of locals' idea of repercussions!

If either of the above was your problem at least we could get some idea of a trend and perhaps know where to start looking as one forum member paid several visits to Nissan and they couldn't find anything wrong.

I should add that there seem to be no physical symptoms; 4WD isn't (dis)engaging on its own or anything untoward like that.

Cheers,

Jon

Wierd, mines a d22 on an 03 plate and its solid. Have been waiting for it to blow up but it just keeps on going. I tow too much with it, winch off it and currently been driving it into trees on a regular denting occurance!! The new ones just dont seem to cut it as useful anymore. Mind you the next one for me is going to be the Isuzu Rodeo.

I had a D22 solid bit ok kit and dam good on the fuel. I've skidded some big bits of timber behind it too. Have a D40 now i like the refinement to it over the D22 but it does lack the agri grunt the 22 had. I love the Rodeo good workhorse but has the refinement of a new navara. Also a 3litre engine.

To the orginal question i think there is a guide to fixing it on the nissan navara forum.

To the orginal question i think there is a guide to fixing it on the nissan navara forum.

Then I'm hopeful: I await an e-mail from navara.net helping me log in. Can't remember username, password or anyfink.

Ta for the reply.

i know 3 people with them,, and they're all on at least the 3rd,,, one guy is on number 8!!! in a year...

If you are not replacing the DMF every time you get a fresh clutch the clutch will keep burning out. A slipping clutch kills the flywheel pretty quick. 8 in a year suggests he changes his mechanic as it seems they are not doing a good job:thumbup1: