looking for some help with this

Alasdair

hey all not sure if this should be in here or the climbing bit but here goes to cut a long story short have manage to get my parents to but me climbing kit so basically what im wondering is this worth it for starting out with? hope this works.

cheers :icon14:

http://order.sorbus-intl.co.uk/display_product.asp?Product_Group_DBname=Climbing&Product_ID=CL1000&Product_SubGroupDBname=Complete%20Kits%20-%20Climbing&Product_SubGroup=1

so basically what im wondering is this worth it for starting out with?

It's good value for money, the harness isn't that great, very narrow back support on that model. The Sky D hardseat/Sliding D is a better harness made by the same company - Cresto. Better back support and it allows for easier side to side movement in the tree. If they could include that in the deal it'd be worth it as a starting kit.

Maybe you should vist Robert at McCluskys in Irvine, show him a print out of the deal and see if he can match it. Also means you can check in with your local dealer if anything goes wrong with the equipment.

so if i could swap the harness then it would be better? im also tryng 2 find out if they can swap the rope over for one thats 2 eyes instead of the one ill go down and speak to McCluskys and speak to them see what they can do for me

i'd be careful with climbing lines with 2 eyes. As far as i'm aware samson arbormaster is the only line you can splice reliably at both ends. i've never used New England so i cant comment but Yale XTC milks quite a lot.

If its multiplait or 3 strand or hollow braids you will be fine though

Jamie

so if i could swap the harness then it would be better? im also tryng 2 find out if they can swap the rope over for one thats 2 eyes instead of the one ill go down and speak to McCluskys and speak to them see what they can do for me

Why do you need two spliced eyes on a rope? surely that would make it difficult to get things like cambium savers onto the rope? If you're playing with the concept of climbing on both rope ends I'd suggest experimenting with some knots like the Bowline, Perfection Hitch, or Buntline hitch (with a karabiner) to attatch to the plain end of your rope. :icon14: