Which SMALL saw?

Topher Martyn

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you concerned about the regulations? i.e. no use of 200t on the ground.

Why spend loads of money on another saw when youv'e got one that will do?

I disagree with this reg and use the 200t on the ground all the time.

I believe its safer around the chipper for snedding, due to working at close quarters with others. I also believe that if I can cut a small branch up a tree dangling from a rope, I can cut a branch on the ground. I would never double up on that saw just to satisfy a regulation that is (IMO) wrong.

Not sure if this opinion is helpful to you at all but just wondered. I would defy this regulation as a protest, but I don't know or really care what the consequences might be.

Are you concerned about the regulations? i.e. no use of 200t on the ground.

Why spend loads of money on another saw when youv'e got one that will do?

I disagree with this reg and use the 200t on the ground all the time.

I believe its safer around the chipper for snedding, due to working at close quarters with others. I also believe that if I can cut a small branch up a tree dangling from a rope, I can cut a branch on the ground. I would never double up on that saw just to satisfy a regulation that is (IMO) wrong.

Not sure if this opinion is helpful to you at all but just wondered. I would defy this regulation as a protest, but I don't know or really care what the consequences might be.

think the 200t reference was about a back handled version so effectively not using an 020 on the ground.

I think that before you go up a tree and use it on your course you should see how it cuts on the ground its surely safer to learn that way anyway.

I dont care where people use a saw its not my life or my jobs to worry about...

The MS230 is a great cheap little saw for around the chipper work. Cheaper than the MS200 but at the same weight and cc. Costs about half the price of the MS200 too, but you cant swap bits with your Ms200T if needs must.

I agree with the points about the climbing saw on the ground thing, I love the "o2o" as a chipper saw.

Good thread :thumbup1:

I believe its safer around the chipper for snedding, due to working at close quarters with others. .

Enough said ,saws should not be used at close quarters with any one...... would not waste my money on a ms200 but neither would i ever condone using one on the ground,people get complacent and start waving them around like they are a magic wand ,an answer for every thing that needs cutting, Then they become a serious danger to them selfs and others when that 200t is in there hands... they are bad enough up tree's let alone on the ground.... yes we all use them one handed some more than others some even on the ground but they are the highest cause of chain saw injury in this job unyet an asset so unless we want to see and give reason to HSE ban them all together( which they have been trying to for as long as i can remember) only in the tree's please... but as you said you dont care and you sound just like the guy i had last week who now has 22 stitches in his fore arm.