just applying for my NZ visa

vduben

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vduben, pm me and i should be able to sort someting out for you. ie what companies do what and how to get your visa. if you get the job before you get the visa itll make the whole process a ton easier. if you fancy queenstown i know of heaps available and auckland.................

i used to work in christchurch, the whole place is hankering for decent climbers. i assume your applying for a residency visa. i only ever had a working holiday visa. beautiful place but gets a bit boring after a while, and a bit slack on the chick front.

I worked in CHCH, lived in Sumner. Great, loved it wish I was still there!

The sea, easy access to mountains, a great system of back country huts, nice climate. Good cheese! Bad pubs, women are ... butch (take your own), lack of history anything over 50 years old is a historic monument! People are a bit into bigging up NZ but there OK. If you like the outdoor life it's the best. If you like cities and clubbing and shopping its not.

A bit like the UK as it was 50 years ago.

I didn't have much tree work experience at the time, less then a year and a three month short course, but found two tree jobs. Left the first after a couple of weeks as boss was a ****, but spent best part of a year with City Care a sold off council firm. They use MEWPS lots but still require climbers. Had a few Brits passing working on holiday visas when I was there. The climbing kit was basic, only type A trousers and regular steel toecaps so take your own kit..

Probably the best destination for the emigrating Brit. Outstanding countryside. The south island in particular is amazing. Get yourself involved in a skulling competition in a bar at the end of shearing season, it's like the wild west. Kiwis are really genuine people and I've a lot of time for them. I have a friend over there in Christchurch working for a tree firm, I think he finds it less progressive in its H&S and work practices. Once again like the wild west.

iv been enquiring about a job in ChristChurch that one of my tutors is helping me sort, he know the guy out their and its his company. the offered is a 12month visa, flight paid for and a part of my accomidation paid for, its a 12month minimum placement but i think is all goes well after the year he wants a permenant climber which im very open to the idea of. just wanted to know a bit about the tree work in the south island? and any info on surf conditions around christchurch would be nice. cheers

but spent best part of a year with City Care a sold off council firm. They use MEWPS lots but still require climbers.

used to work for city care also, massive firm, good craic, but there were some right lazy miserable gits there. all got annoyed cause the foreign climbers got paid more. ha ha.

there was surf off chch but seemed a bit sporadic. i was based in merivale. bit of a trek to the beach.