a very usefull mog !!! even if it is 65k

Just seen a western power version of this mog rumbling along the A30, only difference was a double bucket on the back, awesome looking piece of kit:thumbup:

that is a nice bit of kit aint it we were out an a fult with that live line team in the winter and got to use it , but it aint no ordinary lift , it hs a crane facility, is fully insulated to work on live 11 kv lines , the hydraulic oil is actually a special fluid that will not conduct , oh and it cost them well over 200k to have it built but still it only reaches 20m but never the less its a great bit of kit

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure is a thing of beauty and can you imagine how quickly you could clear spans with a piece of kit like that, definately increase productivity:thumbup:

the biggest problem with that mog is getting it in anywhere , i was chatting to the driver of that mog when they first got it , he was telling me about how much fuel it drinks- the yard is in redruth, they fill the tank £240 they then drive 40 miles to a job near lands end use the mog for just over an hour and then drive back to the yard in redruth - the mog burnt just short of £80 worth of fuel , he then went on to say that they have to service the mog every 3 months and the service (done in house) costs roughly 2k .

kind of putts you off having one for line clearence really especially when you or i could still not use it on live 11kv

the biggest problem with that mog is getting it in anywhere , i was chatting to the driver of that mog when they first got it , he was telling me about how much fuel it drinks- the yard is in redruth, they fill the tank £240 they then drive 40 miles to a job near lands end use the mog for just over an hour and then drive back to the yard in redruth - the mog burnt just short of £80 worth of fuel , he then went on to say that they have to service the mog every 3 months and the service (done in house) costs roughly 2k .

kind of putts you off having one for line clearence really especially when you or i could still not use it on live 11kv

work five day weeks with it and thats a £2266 a month just for average fuel and service costs!

crikey

MEWPS over 3.5t can be run on red, so fuel would not be an issue.

The servicing thing sounds like BS to me, Merc will do you a service plan on a new mog for about £250 a month, covering every thing but tyres.

The servicing thing sounds like BS to me, Merc will do you a service plan on a new mog for about £250 a month, covering every thing but tyres.

ah ha, was going to say, cos those figures quoted was ridicularse!

mind you, its got a 32 metre platform too huck, does that not need a ticket service regular?:001_smile:

western power distribution run all vehicles on white for some reason , as for servicing they have their own trained fitters (trained by merc) to do all of the work to their fleet . the reason the mog is so expensive to service is because the machine is running on its weight limmit all of the time due to the lift platform and kit its carrying - the breaks are fully services every three months , along with every thing elts ,

i will try to get a coppy of the spec sheet for you , the bloody thing has prety much every possible extra going and to top it off its kept in a constantly heated garrage when not in use . it really is some bit of kit huck

Would be interesting to see what they spend 2K on every 3 months!

The costs of running a mog would drive me to tears, even if it was making a snot load of money it would still kill me:crying:

Thats probably because I'm a right tight Scouse git though:thumbup1: